6.3b Updates Since 1/1/07

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by lorick, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Jan 3, 2007 #1 of 42
    lorick

lorick TiVo 4 Ever

Jul 30, 2001
    Eau...

Advertisements

It appears the people reporting updates to 6.3b has stopped from what I am reading here. Has ANYONE been updated since 1/1/07?

2. Jan 3, 2007 #2 of 42
    brianhos

brianhos New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    They better get 6.3b out to fix these audio problems before Jack Fricking Bauer starts in 2 weeks!

3. Jan 3, 2007 #3 of 42
    broken back

broken back Sparky By Trade

Nov 30, 2004
    Dallas
    My unit has not made a daily call on its since christmas. The units shows 10 days between calls after making a forced daily call. Fox is the worst but have them on other local OTA.
    I do have 6.3a been with Directv for 13 years.

4. Jan 3, 2007 #4 of 42
    rmassey

rmassey Damn, these are fun!

Sep 5, 2002
    Colorado
    I think we should just send Jack over to D* HQ and see if he can fix the whole mess. HR10 issues, crappy NDS HR20s, pathetic HD pkg... After all he seems to be able to fix all problems in 1 day, right? :)

5. Jan 3, 2007 #5 of 42
    rminsk

rminsk TiVoted TiVo User

Jun 4, 2002
    Marina del...

Advertisements

http://tivo63b.freehostia.com/ has reported one update on the first and one on the second. I'm not sure how many people are actually using the site now since I have not advertised in the last week.

6. Jan 3, 2007 #6 of 42
    dbex

dbex New Member

Sep 17, 2003
    Greenfield, WI
    I'll bet if they sent Chloe and her CTU team (too bad Edgar's dead) over to D* and TiVo to fix the problems she'd figure it out !!

7. Jan 3, 2007 #7 of 42
    Jpepping

Jpepping New Member

Mar 7, 2003
    Truer words have never been spoken (typed??)

I called last night and was told that all remaining HR10's will be updated between 1/3 and1/12... let's hope she was right. Good thing was that she knew of the update. Must have been a CTU CSR :)

8. Jan 3, 2007 #8 of 42
    mdspadeccom

mdspadeccom New Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Central...
    I just got an email from DIRECTV saying:

" Please know that some HR10-250 receivers got download last December 13, 2006. Remaining HR10-250 receivers get download on January 3-12, 2007. The software will be sent to receiver for about 1 year. The download fixes audio dropouts that occurred when recording in Dolby Digital."

They go on to say:

"To receive an upgrade, just keep your receiver plugged in but it does not need to be turned on. Keep your phone line connected to your receiver. After TiVo daily call, upgrade automatically occurs within 24 hours. You can either wait for TiVo daily call, or use "Make Daily Call Now" option. "Current Call Status" will display "Pending Restart", this means upgrade was received. Receiver will reset itself and TiVo logo appears with message that new software has been installed. After the upgrade, you may see menu changes, or may need to reset some of your settings. If download is not completed by January 12, 2007, please confirm that phone line is connected and TiVo daily call must occur. If you have Call Waiting, it could interrupt the download. Should you have further questions, please call us at 1800-531-5000."

m.

9. Jan 3, 2007 #9 of 42
    rminsk

rminsk TiVoted TiVo User

Jun 4, 2002
    Marina del...
    Wow... it will update without being turned on. :rolleyes: I'm sure they meant that it can be in standby.

10. jimmymiko

jimmymiko Just another day!

Mar 29, 2003
    Walworth NY
    Amen :D

11. thebishman

thebishman New Member

Aug 20, 2005
    One of my units just upgraded to 6.3b within the last 48 hours.
    Bish

12. hybucket

hybucket Member

Nov 26, 2004
    I just now did a forced call and now have the 6.b. When you restart the unit, it takes a good 15 minutes to restart. Thanks all - will keep you informed as to any problems.

13. TreyS

TreyS New Member

Dec 24, 2005
    I'm still too scared to upgrade from 3.1. :p My phone line is sitting on the floor.

14. Indiana627

Indiana627 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Vestal, NY
    Forced a call last night and got it. Unhacked stock unit.

15. mpar1

mpar1 New Member

Feb 13, 2005
    I forced a call Tuesday afternoon and did not get it. I guess I was one day early. Of course, after hearing about these reboot issues I don't know if I want 6.3b

16. f0gax

f0gax Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    They'd just need to open some sockets. Or maybe work on a protocol. Maybe Chloe could just "send it to my screen" so I can avoid making the daily call or something.

I know! During the middle of this "crisis" they should just let a distraught Dish Network executive into the building. And make sure that he's allowed to just walk around, especially near the equipment/person responsible for uploading 6.3b and/or authorizing the install. That way the Dish Net guy can damage/kill the responsible entity before any of the rest of us can get the update.

(Wow, 24 sure is hokey ain't it? But I'll still watch.)

17. sp1dey

sp1dey New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Just got it this morning... although I have an issue. None of my OTA season passes are set to record anything. When I looked in the to do list it was set to to not record The Office, Earl, you name it. I rescanned my channels, updated a few season passes and still nothing. I'm going to try deleting the season passes and adding them back when I get home from work tonight. Anyone have this?

18. slemay

slemay New Member

Jan 4, 2007
    Williamsvill...
    OK - that works with the 3.1 software - but if we already have 6.1a and want to force to the call - where do we do that? The PHONE screens have changed and the only "FORCE" option I can see is to "CONNECT TO THE DVR SERVICE NOW" - which I tried... but I believe all that does is calls TIVO and updates it's info... doesn't call DTV and get the new update... I see a scheduled call for that - but it's not until next week. :( SOOooo...

How can we force it to dial DTV now? Is there a code or series of buttons we can press to force it to dial now?

19. jimb726

jimb726 New Member

Jan 4, 2007
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Right now the only way to force a call is to call D* directly and have them schedule a call back. I only know this because I spent 3 hours on the phone with them the other night because I couldnt order Pay Per View, and the reason was all of my forced calls were going directly to TiVo and not to D*. The good news was the call came through about 2 hours after they scheduled it.

20. Pab Sungenis

Pab Sungenis Member

Apr 13, 2002
    Vineland, NJ
    Try rebooting the TiVo and let it download and index fresh program data. This might solve it within 24 hours.