6.2a Update Froze My Tivo

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by avedon, Feb 24, 2007.

1. avedon

avedon New Member

Feb 24, 2007

Advertisements

My Philips DSR7000 has been frozen on the "Installing a Service Update" screen ever since it downloaded the 6.2a update this morning.

As a backgrounder, my Tivo got involved in a continuous reboot cycle last week, restarting itself before it ever moved past the "Powering Up" message. Believing the hard drive failed, I purchased a replacement drive from WeaKnees and swapped it in on Thursday.

After the change my Tivo worked like new again for several days. But Saturday morning it downloaded the 6.2a update from DirecTV and has now been stuck on the "Installing a Service Update . . ." screen for over five hours. I have powered down the unit several times and tried a few kickstart commands because I ran out of other ideas.

What could be a possible reason for the 6.2a update freezing my Tivo on the install screen? Does this point to a software problem, since my Tivo worked fine before the download, or do I have an issue with another piece of hardware?

2. avedon

avedon New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Update: I continued to unplug my Tivo until I got to a point where the unit would reboot itself upon reaching the installation screen. As happened earlier, it went through this reboot cycle six or seven times, but for some reason the update finally went through. I do not know what the problem was, but hopefully this issue will not resurface in the future.

3. ard601

ard601 New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    I'm having the same problem with my HDRV2. I tryed rebooting numerous times but it is still stuck in getting updates. It is a modified PTVupgrade unit from about a year ago. Can anyone help?

4. LuvMyTeevo

LuvMyTeevo New Member

Feb 27, 2007
    I have one of the older Hughes units and it came through the update OK. The guide seems to work faster now.