480i/1080i lights and odd reboots

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by bhaas, Aug 20, 2007.

1. bhaas

bhaas New Member

Aug 5, 2003
    MD
    So I've had my THD for 2 weeks now, 8.1.7, both Moto cards seems to be behaving- very little pixellating on HD or SD channels. Happy.

I am running component into the TV, and the Tivo is set to output 1080i fixed. The front panel shows that accordingly.

Every few days, I notice that the "480i" is lit up on the panel as well as "fixed" and "1080i". I check the settings, still set to 1080i fixed, and the TV agrees that it is indeed receiving 1080i from the Tivo. The 480i light only goes away if I reboot.

No loss of functionality, and the actual output seems to be 1080i for all programming, as it is supposed to be for "fixed". So it appears to be a display error. Anyone else seeing this?

------------------------
    On another note- besides the OTA antenna strength reboot problem, my unit seems to be rebooting on its own about 2x/day. I have not been able to nail down any repeatable symptoms or situations causing it. It happened once while changing channels, and once while trolling through the now playing list. I made sure the power cord is secure.

Thoughts, anyone?

2. jbernardis

jbernardis Active Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Princeton NJ
    I'm seeing the same thing - I "fixed" it by setting the output to 480i and then setting it again to 1080i. I haven't noticed if it came back on yet.

One other quirk- when I go to the system information page, it does not have the DVR name even though I set it on tivo.com.

3. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    The 4801 lite has been reported by a few others, but does not seem to be causing any problems.

The missing DVR name is a known bug in Tivo server software that they are working on. Also does not seem to create any problems, all Home Media functions still work.

The frequent rebooting should be a bigger concern. Any possible power problems? Do you have a power line conditioner/regualtor or ups hooked up?

4. mulscully

mulscully Member

May 31, 2003
    Malvern, Pa
    same with light, fixed the same way, set to 480i then back to 1080i.. but upon reboot, both came back on so I guess it is only a temp fix until reboot

5. TiVotion

TiVotion Early Adoptersaurus

Dec 6, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Yeah I noticed the 480i light too. Not sure if it happened prior to the software update because I didn't notice it until after.