4400 "One Of Us" 8-19-07

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Bierboy, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Wow....this was such a big steaming sack of suck, I can hardly believe it. Starting with the horrible acting, a "left hander" catching a ball with his left hand (ridiculous), and the lousy plot movement. This has to have been one of the worst 4400 eps in the series.

2. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Huh? I thought it was quite good, based on all the information we got. I liked in particular the way they made us wonder whether tom was playing mrs. palmer or whether he was genuinely possessed. And lots of lingering looks by other actors as if they know or suspect something. Highly information-packed episode.

3. ufo4sale

ufo4sale Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Somerset NJ...
    +1

4. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I'm starting to lose interest ... it was nice to see Lily again, but having Isabel jump back and forth between ages (does she remember being young again?) is getting annoying.

5. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    I enjoyed this episode. It was nice to see Lilly back and just as I was believing that she was really back we see that it was just another 4400 ability. It was so sad for Richard to have to go through losing her again. Poor guy just can't catch a break.

6. Cboath

Cboath Great Scott!

Jun 22, 2004
    St. Louis
    I still love the show, but I am not sure I can get behind Tom being a bad guy.

7. WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    I kept wondering when Tom was going to go see Shawn to see if he could be healed of the Mark.

8. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    I thought this was one of the better episodes this season. It was a little on the creepy side.

9. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Come on....we knew it wasn't really Lilly. Did anyone here really think it was? And we also knew Isabel would not stay young. You could drive a semi through the plot holes. And I thought Tom's acting was terrible trying to act cheery all of a sudden. This ep just didn't click at all for me.

10. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    Well, we ARE talking about a show where time travel is possible. Why would it be so hard to believe that TPFTF just decided to go back and take Lilly the moment Isabelle aged...then once Isabelle turned back into a baby, it was possible for them to return Lilly. I don't know, I'm sure they could've come up with something like that. When time travel is involved, almost anything is possible.

11. Charlutz

Charlutz New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Columbia, MD
    I thought the Lily return was possible as some sort of inverse reaction to Isabelle becoming young. Isabelle's first aging transformation was ridiculous. But here going back and forth in aging has been tedious. The movement forward of the show and how good of an evil character she turned out to be has just made us forget how lame it was for her to age so quickly. I suppose it's a credit to the show that there is so much they do right that it makes you forget some really silly twists. I enjoyed the ep and have enjoyed the season. I thought we were in for several "reset button" moments when Lily came back, Isabelle aged and Tom was possessed. After all, we know Tom can't be permanently possessed, can he? I too do like him as a bad ass and I thought the practical joke use of the jedi mind trick was hilarious. I like how most of the storylines ended in the episode though the writers will have the same problem they had with Isabelle the first time around -- truly omnipowerful villains push the writing into a corner to come up with a way to defeat them and the resolution is rarely satisfying. Guess they have to find a way to get Collier close enough to her again.

12. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Any reason to bring Laura Allen back is a good one...

13. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    I liked it. The show has kept my interest without knowing who were the true bad guys really up until this episode.

14. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I'm about ready to cancel the SP. I truly feel they've lost their way in this show....similar to Dead Zone last year.

15. jradford

jradford The Jerkstore called

Dec 28, 2004
    I thought it was a good episode. I like Tom as a bad guy, even though he's still an awful actor.

I liked (sarcasm) Collier's explanation of why they have to keep the test underwraps:

Collier's point: If group A knows they are better than group B, group A will kill group B for being inferior, or Group B will kill Group A because they are jealous. I think the exact quote was "It's either inquisition or genocide."

Then he immediately reiterates how he needs everyone to take the shot so half of them will die and only people with 4400 abilities will remain.

Umm, how is that different from genocide?

Honestly, I don't see how anyone could look at this episode as THE episode that turned them off. There have been many many bad ones. At least this one advanced the plot a little.

16. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Collier's point is, the two types cannot co-exist, so he wants a situation where only the 4400s survive. If everybody takes promycin, then only 4400s will survive.

Genocide is his stated goal. He just wants to be the perpetrator, not the victim.

(It's interesting, though, that the Big Reveal that Jordan is unambiguously a villain slipped by so subtly...)

17. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    The important question is ... does newly regrown Isabelle have her powers back, and maybe she just doesn't know it yet, because she wouldn't suspect the "re-aging process" could restore them?

18. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Tom's not a bad guy, but he plays host to one on TV. :)

19. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I think he'd just be happier if Burkhoff managed to find a way for everyone to survive the shot instead of just being able to figure out who would die...

20. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I got that.

The biggest question to me is about Kyle ... which faction from the future is using Kyle? The faction that opposes Jordan and distribution of promicin? Or is it the faction that wants Jordan to succeed?

I'm not sure which faction "Future-Tom" belongs to yet, but it seems Kyle's "ability" (can't remember her name) is in cahoots with Future-Tom ...