$400 all in/lifetime offer

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by atmuscarella, Feb 22, 2016.

1. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY

Advertisements

Just curious if anyone decides to go for the $400 all in/lifetime deal what the details of your transaction are:
    1. Where you bought your Bolt
    2. Did you get all in/lifetime as part of it's new activation or
    3. Where you able to add all in/lifetime to a Bolt you had previously activated.

2. mjh

mjh Re: Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Wait, what? There a $400 all-in deal available on bolt? I did a cursory search and found nothing. Would you be willing to provide details?

UPDATE: Found it

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  3. atmuscarella

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
  4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
  5. jcthorne

jcthorne Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston

Advertisements

So can I add all in subscription to my current Bolt for $400? If so, can it be done online somewhere or do I have to call and ask a Tivo CSR?

6. LoREvanescence

LoREvanescence Always Autocorrected

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    You have to call TiVo. You may even need to call Customer Retention.

A co-worker of mien was just able to get this deal last weekend.

They have had TiVo for 10+ years. Their older unit died. They only ever do lifetime because they can't stand paying monthly.

They went over the upgrade options with TiVo and complained that $600 for lifetime was to expensive and they just wanted to cancel their service. Only then did the $400 all in / life time offer was put on the table.

I tried getting it by just calling up and order a TiVo over the phone from them. The sales people either don't know anything about it or play dumb. I was told over and over there is no such deal going on currently.

Maybe I should try calling a CSR / Retention person to see if I can get it. Sales couldn't do it.

7. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The link I posted above has a link to a TiVo web page where you can order a Bolt with lifetime for $700/800 with lifetime. For adding it to an existing unit I think you'd need to call.

8. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I hope they still have a deal when/if the Bolt Pro comes out. Otherwise I'll end up just paying yearly for my two Bolts.

9. markjrenna

markjrenna Active Member

Mar 23, 2006
    New Jersey
    do you guys think $400 is a good deal or should I wait hoping for a better deal?

10. atmuscarella

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    I'll re-post the same answer I put in the other thread
    Only you can answer your exact question, however if you are actually asking if we believe there will be a better deal than $400 for lifetime on existing Bolts, then my answer is yes. I believe that someday TiVo will offer all in/lifetime for an existing Bolt for less than $400. I have no idea if it will be anytime soon, but past history indicates that at some point TiVo will likely offer lower price all in/lifetime as a retention offer.

That said if you can buy all in/lifetime for $400 now you know three things:
    1. You will be ahead of buying annual at $150 the third time you would have had to pay the $150
    2. You also know you will loose the continuous care being provided with annual service which provides for a replacement Bolt for $50 for as long as you continue to pay for service annually.
    3. And a functioning Bolt with lifetime is going to be worth more than one without lifetime if you decide to sell it.
    Let us know what you decide.

11. Jack Mccarthy

Jack Mccarthy Member

Aug 24, 2012
    I got the offer as well just by asking about current promotions, but I didn't have a Bolt and they were willing to do it for $400 All-In-One Service along with a price of $400 on the Bolt itself.

12. markjrenna

markjrenna Active Member

Mar 23, 2006
    New Jersey
    Thank you. I will have to think about it and decide what might be best.

13. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    That math works at 4 years, but not 3 years or less. So unless you're sure you're going to keep it for at least 4 years it's still not worth it for $600. For $400 it is though.

14. toricred

toricred Member

Mar 8, 2004
    Is this offer just for long-term customers? I've only been with Tivo since December, except for the DirecTivo I had over a decade ago.

15. atmuscarella

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    How exactly this offer works is a little unclear which is why I started this thread hoping people would post the circumstances around how they got this offer.

From the WeaKnees site it appears the offer is available to anyone buying a new Bolt from them. From other posters comments it also appears the offer is available if you buy a new Bolt from other places. Very unclear if it is available to existing Bolt owners. We have had little verification from people yet so there is still some uncertainty.

Again if anyone buys a Bolt with all in/lifetime or is able to add all in/lifetime to an existing Bolt please post info about your transaction.

16. crcraig41us

crcraig41us ChrisC

Apr 7, 2007
    Stoughton, MA
    TiVo owner since 2002, most recently a Series 3 since 2007 (lifetimed, of course). TiVo has bombarded me with various offers over the years, and the latest one was the $400 lifetime offer on a Bolt. I purchased it from tivo.com, $400 for the 1TB Bolt, $400 for lifetime. Given how long we used the Series 3, I'm pretty confident the lifetime makes sense for us. It's actually less than I paid in 2007 for the Series 3 (~$680 for the box, $200 for lifetime, if I remember correctly).

17. peroulas

peroulas ColoradoSKi

Jun 19, 2002
    Called up Tivo. They said that since I activated it in Oct, it was not eligible. I asked why that mattered since the first year was free anyway, she said it was for new activations.

I have been a customer for 10+ years, first with a series 2, and then a bolt. I'm pretty sure I will cancel once the year is up and sell the bolt after all the software issues they have had (plex, etc.)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  18. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    A 4 tuner Bolt is not going to bring much as the buyer will spend $150 in the first year for service, and a new Bolt (with 1 year service inc.) is only about $100 more, so you can't give any buyer a good deal, after paying for shipping.

19. LoveGardenia

LoveGardenia Member

Apr 24, 2015
    With this deal going on is it possible we will see a new box within a month or two? To me that seems to be the only reason they would offer this deal during the winter season. Clearing inventory for new box(s)/service deals.

20. atmuscarella

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    Well I think we all hope a new Bolt "Pro" version is coming soon, but my guess is for a summer release.

Regarding the sale on units with lifetime, I wouldn't read to much into that, seems about the right point for sales to start happening. It is a pretty dry time for sales once we get past Christmas until next fall.