4-way modulator

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by bendeb, Jan 15, 2006.

1. bendeb

bendeb New Member

Jan 15, 2006
    I am new to this site. Can someone please let me know if they use a 4-way modulator for their set up of a tv, dvd, tivo, vcr and cable? Which one do you have and does it work? My tv is old and it only has 1 red/white/yellow cable outputs and i have not been able to connect my dvd player plus i am not in the market just yet for a new tv.
    :)

2. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets TCF Bookie

Jul 12, 2005
    East Hell
    Do you mean a system selector/switch??? I've got one of those, that switches between my Tivo, PS2, DVD Player, VCR, etc...
    I'm not sure what brand it is...I got it cheap on ebay (just like most everything I used in my Tivo setup)...as long as you can keep track of which cables go with which device, setup is cake...I ran my setup through my stereo which added a little difficulty, but it works great...except for the fact that my S-Video won't work properly...

3. dgh

dgh New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    A switch should be much cheaper than a 4 channel modulator. Save the difference for the next TV, which is probably due within a few years anyway.

4. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    For A/V selectos:
    Most of the basic mechanical ones are basically the same, performance wise.

Mine I built from the A/V selector from an old TV set (a premium set in its 1992 day), and a hand built IR receiver/logic board.