30 Seconds skip not scan? Questions about KMTTG

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by scottbryan724, Oct 26, 2017.

1. scottbryan724

scottbryan724 New Member

Oct 25, 2017

Advertisements

I just got the Bolt+ I read about changing it to 30 second skip, I was able to get it to do 30 second scan but not outright skip..Any idea what is the issue? Is this still possible with the Bolt?

Also I read briefly about KMTTG and being able to do it through there as well as the option to automatically skip commercials...Anyone want to basically give me the instructions for dummies lol and is there anything else notable I can do with this. I have the software installed, I just don't know what to do next.

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    1- Play a recording

2- In fairly rapid succession, press the buttons on the remote in this order:

Select>Play>Select>3>0>Select

AKA: SPS30

You should hear 3 Dings confirming it 'took'.

It can also be fairly easily accomplished with KMTTG. In the KMTTG interface, 'click' the Remote tab.
    Then, in the 'remote' section, there is a section that is a remote labeled 'Remote'. Click that. In the upper right of that tab are the SPS 'hacks'. Find the SPS30 in the drop down. Play a recording and then click the SPS Backdoor Button.

You should hear 3 Dings confirming it 'took'.

HTH

-KP

3. scottbryan724

scottbryan724 New Member

Oct 25, 2017

The button method is what I tried and only got 30 sec scan, I will look at the program in a few. Is that the same area to enable automatically skipping the commercials? How is that done?

4. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    It works, but ALL the steps are important.

Doing it in KMTTG is easy because it presses all the button in order rapidly.

Give it another shot.

-KP

5. scottbryan724

scottbryan724 New Member

Oct 25, 2017

Advertisements

Thank you got the skip going with the application.

kpeters59 likes this.