30 Sec Skip w/Sound bar

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by timstack8969, Mar 12, 2015.

1. timstack8969

timstack8969 Member

May 14, 2004

Advertisements

I use a Vizio Sound Bar with my TIVO Premiere and sometimes when I use the 30 sec skip during commercial I will lose the "Dolby Digital" feature (light) and sound bar makes strange sound and refers back to PCM. I called Vizio about and they they said it could be the Tivo not catching up with the Sound bar? Has anyone else experienced problems when using the 30 sec skip feature with a Sound bar?

2. namwoljr

namwoljr Guest

Aug 8, 2014
    I have a Vizio sound bar (54" version), and I don't have this problem. The easy way to test whether or not you're getting true Dolby Digital is to open up Tivo Central or press any other buttons where the Tivo would make its sound effects. If you don't hear those, then you're getting Dolby Digital. If you do, then yes, you have a problem.

3. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Another 'victory' for HDMI -- sacrificing functionality for DRM.

4. timstack8969

timstack8969 Member

May 14, 2004
    Well I did set the Tivo sounds to medium and was not hearing any Tivo sounds when Changing channels and I am using Dolby Digital with my Vizio sound bar but I am having the problem when using 30 second skip thru commercials where sound bar will make a High screeching sound and I lose Dolby Digital light on sound bar. Need to know if anyone else is experiencing this? Vizio 4251wb4