30 Rock 4/21/11 "100th Episode"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by atrac, Apr 23, 2011.

1. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I hope there wasn't a gas leak in my apartment because I just LMAO'ed at this episode. SOO much to comment on, I don't know where to begin.

The show has been a little iffy for me lately -- this one brought it all back for me (and then some).

The highlight for me just HAD to be Pete's *perfect* rendition of the lady newscaster's on air "mishap" from a few months ago... I immediately rewound that one several times. :)

The only weak part for me had to be Michael Keaton's appearance. I think he did fine but he was given a rather weak role.

Perhaps the lack of a thread for this one does indicate a gas leak at my place?

LOVED IT!

2. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    Liked Alec Baldwin as Jack telling Tracy that television is as low as you can go. Obvioulsy, he was talking about his own career in the examples he gave.

3. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    I didn't connect those two, but it was the funniest moment, for me. He pulled off nonsense very, very well.

I'm not a big fan of flashback episodes, but this one was okay.

4. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I wasn't a real fan of this one...I didn't like all the "wacky" gas leak stuff...

5. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    This!

When it happened, I was like... "wait, that sounds really familiar", then I realized what it was. I immediately went and googled it and yeah, Pete nailed it exactly.

6. YCantAngieRead

Nov 5, 2003
    For the record, she didn't have a stroke. She had migraine induced paralysis.

Just want to make that clear, since the video says something else. It wouldn't be very funny if they were making fun of someone who'd had a stroke.

7. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Ehhh, stroke or migraine, if it is funny, then it is funny. Just about all humor is based on making fun of the misfortune of others, either misunderstanding all the way to full blown tragedy.

Some might be sensitive to it, but that doesn't mean it isn't funny.

8. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    It was pretty good but not as good as Community's clip show episode who basically redefined the genre of the clip show.

9. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Meh. A few funny moments in an hour of 30 rock is below average for this show. Not impressed.

10. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Agreed. The live show would have been much better as the 100th episode. There were just too many cliches in this one (for example, the whole thing with signing the lease, and the way it ended).

11. Frylock

Frylock Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...
    Has the writing on the show changed this season? I couldn't even finish this episode. It just feels like they have been phoning it in all season to eek out 100 episodes...

12. YCantAngieRead

Nov 5, 2003
    I wouldn't say this was my favorite episode, either. I actually didn't make it through in the first watching-and that never happens with 30 Rock.

13. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I thought it was terrible as well. I wish they would get rid of Tracy.

14. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Did you make it through the first 30 minutes?

15. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    I enjoy Tracy's non-sequiturs. Usually good for two chuckles per show.

Jack's monologue about a-listers going on tv was classic. He's a good sport, that Alec Baldwin, even though he's probably really NOT a good sport. But he plays one on tv.

16. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Kenneth is on my last nerve this season. I used to find him a bit over the top but still dorky and funny. Now he's so over the top he's like a cartoon.

17. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'd find this show much more entertaining if they'd get rid of Tracy and Jenna and just have it be more about Jack/Liz and the writers.

18. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    With the stars of TGS gone, there wouldn't be much of a storyline at the empty studio...

19. YCantAngieRead

Nov 5, 2003
    No. Maybe 12 minutes.

20. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    But we rarely actually see the TGS show itself, just the behind-the-scenes stuff. So we could still see the behind-the-scenes without seeing the craziness of Jenna and Tracy.