3 weeks for a channel line up update!

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by beanko, Oct 3, 2007.

1. beanko

beanko New Member

May 28, 2007

Advertisements

Comcast updated our channel line up over 3 weeks ago and Tivo has still not updated the channels. They said they had multiple people call on the day it happened. I even emailed them the new channel guide 9 days ago. AND THEY STILL HAVE NOT FIXED IT. All the HD channels are wrong.

I am a huge Tivo fan, but this is plain aweful. How hard can this be? Without the right channel line up this thing is useless.

2. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    I've been waiting several months on several lineup changes I sent in. So don't get your hopes up. It seems like it either happens real quick or they take forever changing lineups. There's not much in between.

3. George Cifranci

George Cifranci TiVo Bolt 500GB - TE4 UI

Jan 30, 2003
    Columbus,...
    They did the same thing for Time Warner in Columbus, OH recently. Our local CBS, NBC and PBS HD channels moved. The switch happened on Sept 14th and I didn't get the Tivo update to remap the channels until Sept 27th. Needless to say I had to do a lot of manual recordings to set up with all the Fall premieres.

If you have the same issue with you area you should call Tivo and tell them what channels have changed. I did and when the change didn't happen on the day they said it would I called back and they escalated it to their team that specializes in guide data. Not sure who was to blame, Time Warner, Tribune Media or Tivo.

4. generaltso

generaltso Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Vermont
    Did you submit the change form?

I submitted the form last week and my guide info was updated yesterday, so it took about 4 days. Of course, Comcast just added a couple more HD channels yesterday so I had to submit another form.