3 Tivo HD's installed today!

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by jtseltmann, Oct 1, 2007.

1. jtseltmann

jtseltmann New Member

May 22, 2005

Advertisements

Today was the day...all three TivoHD's installed, six cable cards in all. Had little problems with the cards..only one was deemed bad. It just took a lot of time for the firmware updates on each and the guided setup each time...all in all it took only about 2 hrs for the cable guy and a bit more for the final reruns of the guided set up.

We'll see how the PQ is and the stability...I am very hopeful. I love the new Tivo...after having the DTV light version...this is going to be great.

I'm a happy guy today! :)

2. NCTRNL

NCTRNL New Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Kansas City
    You weren't nice enough to go through the guided setups before he got there?

3. jtseltmann

jtseltmann New Member

May 22, 2005
    absolutely did but you need to repeat them after the cable cards are installed. I had them wired and all connected to my wireless network long before he was here. In fact, i was watching some lame channels without the cards at all...

4. NCTRNL

NCTRNL New Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Kansas City
    Ah okay. I was lucky enough to restart the machine for the cablecards...and it told me that a service update would be installed and would take over an hour. He promptly took that opportunity to leave...

5. 20TIL6

20TIL6 BaDoop BaDoop BaDoop

Sep 7, 2006
    Cypress, TX

Advertisements

Just think about it. When MRV rolls in November, you'll have (6) tuners capable of recording and serving up content to any of your TV's. Yes, I know, maybe limited by copy protection on some content, but still.... (6) independent tuners and MRV, it's awesome.

6. jtseltmann

jtseltmann New Member

May 22, 2005
    No kidding! Now I'm just waiting to see if the wireless solution is going to be enough for HD content. I have never experienced the Tivo MRV and I know it has not been done with HD content yet. I'm hopeful but ready to hardwire them together if I need to. I also can't wait for the eSata port to be enabled so I can add a drive to the main livingroom unit. Just have to update the Harmony remotes and all is set!