3 Thumbs Up/Tivo Suggestions

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by tman88, Jan 16, 2012.

1. tman88

tman88 New Member

Jun 2, 2010
    I've had a Premiere since it was released a couple of years ago. Why does it ignore a show with 3 Thumbs Up to record two other random shows at that time with no Thumbs Up and aren't even close my interest level?

For example, I have a strong interest in World War II so I 3-Thumbs up every thing I can on there. The Military channel show 8 episodes of World War II in Color and Tivo doesn't record any of them, but does record random cooking shows and other nonsense at those times of which I have absolutely no interest.

2. PrimeRisk

PrimeRisk TechnoGeek

Dec 16, 2002
    Denver, CO...
  3. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    The TiVo isn't THAT smart. :) Also, if you have no interest in cooking shows, ever, make sure to thumbs down those. Nobody knows the EXACT methodology TiVo uses to select what suggestions to record, except the programmers/designers.

In your case, you would do better to also enable wish lists and add "world war 2" or whatnot to the keyword searching.

4. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I've been able to coax several of my Tivo's in to recording NASCAR but no other motor sports, that takes some time however. (and many bops on the nose with a newspaper)