3 issues with the TiVo Bolt -- Need Answers

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Hercules67, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007

Advertisements

I just finally splurged, and despite all the problems I've been reading about here, I finally swapped one of my TiVos for a TiVo Bolt connected to an indoor amplified antenna. I pretty much get all my local channels, except for the CW, and I'm investigating why I am not getting it....But, that's a separate issue. I think it might be signal strength/orientation issue....

I do however have 3 issues that I want to ask about.

1. I have an old Series 2 in the Bedroom, from which I'd like to transfer some programs to the Bolt. What are my options? I read that I have to change some settings on my account online to "allow downloads". OK, I've done that. The Series 2 has not problem seeing the Bolt on my network. Why isn't the Bolt seeing the Series 2? What do I have to change and where, to get this fixed?

2. Is there an issue with Bolt recognizing the Amazon Prime Video app? Is this related to "allow downloads" (see #1)? I keep trying to sign in with the correct credentials (over 30 attempts now), but I still can't get signed-in. Is it me? Is it the Bolt? Is the Amazon app on the Bolt? Or does this have to do with the interface/OS/GUI?

3. I have read/heard/seen lots of bad "juju" about the Hydra. And to be honest, I would like/prefer a much LESS fussy interface. I mean "ALL SHOWS" looks a mess. Now, I've cleaned it up a bit by changing the OnePass options (so it won't show me episodes that I can only get on Hulu), but is there something I can do to simplify it? Meaning, when I click on ALL SHOWS, I just want to see all the recorded shows, plus the date they were recorded, and just scroll thru the list to what I want watch. Ideas/Suggestions?

Appreciate any help that can be provided.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I had a problem last week with signing into Amazon with my account login. I used the supplied code method via email and it worked.

You have the option to rollback to the previous interface. I use both, but mostly TE3.

How to Rollback Hydra from Roamio and Mini's v1 works with Bolt also.

3. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Hydra does not do transfers directly, and S2 is not available to initiate transfers online. You'll probably need to save S2 content to a PC and move it to the tivo from there using tivo online.

Amazon did not write their app to provide tivo downloads, streaming only.

4. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007
    So Pytivo and kmttg then?

(I used to use both a lot, but switched to Plex when I got a streaming sticK).

5. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008

Advertisements

AFAIK, TiVo online can't see shows on a computer. If you have another Premiere or later running the TE3 interface you could transfer from the S2 to that box, then to the Bolt online.

Or downgrade from Hydra...

6. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    Downgrade to Hydra and transfer your shows exactly like you did before.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  7. ManeJon

ManeJon Active Member

Apr 14, 2018
    I found the Amazon logon confusing - somehow the message on the screen should say enter the code sent via email rather than wrong ID/Password.

8. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Bolt with the new Hydra/TE4 UI can't transfer from other TiVo's except through TiVo Online and that method is limited to Premiere and higher. If you stick with Hydra (versus downgrading), you can transfer the S2 shows to a PC and then stream to the bolt with Plex.

Does Amazon send you mails that you have to approve when you try to sign in from a new device? I seem to recall having that issue with one of the online services where it was failing and I only noticed the mails later.

You could downgrade to the gen3/TE3 UI but keep in mind that you will lose any shows recorded on the Bolt unless you download them to a PC or transfer them to another TiVo.

Scott

9. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Check the following post out. Check your Amazon email address as this is part of their 2 factor authentication which is what I was referencing above.

Can't Log into Amazon Prime on New Mini?!?

Scott