3. Account in Good Standing?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Mister B, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Mister B

Mister B Member TCF Club

Jan 23, 2011
    El Paso...

Advertisements

I have been checking eBay occasionally for a good Series 3 with Lifetime. Some vendors claim "lifetime" but their screenshots show 3. Account in Good standing. Is this the same thing or does this mean they are still paying a monthly fee. I know old Series 3 can not be reactivated. Can the monthly fee be transferred or upgraded to Lifetime?

2. tommage1

tommage1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    It's NOT the same thing. Any S2 or S3 with a "3 good standing" or "8 account closed", cannot be activated again, ever, good for nothing but parts. Vendors that claim "lifetime" yet picture shows "3", I have a feeling many vendors have no idea what the service levels mean. Many just cut and paste from other auctions, also price based on that. Maybe found at a garage sale or thrift.

As for an S3 with a CURRENT monthly or yearly subscription, can it be converted to lifetime? Maybe so, would depend on what Tivo wants to do. However it would probably cost a mint, up to $549. Best thing to do would find a vendor selling one with lifetime, one they own and have been using themselves. And check the TSN with Tivo before purchase. Another consideration is it's best to buy from a current owner so they can authorize the transfer of the service and the device to the buyer. Otherwise Tivo might balk at the transfer, not always but sometimes, since occasionally TSNs get shown in an auction picture or something and someone uses the TSN for a lifetime service transfer or offer without buying/owning the device.

wizwor and powrcow like this.
  3. Mister B

Mister B Member TCF Club

Jan 23, 2011
    El Paso...
    Thank you, I thought so!

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    From a Series 5:
    TE3-SI-1.JPG