3.1.5f: Will it still work now?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by BALLS, Nov 3, 2007.

1. BALLS

BALLS Juggling

Aug 17, 2005
    Fort Military

Advertisements

Because of a hardware problem, I want to bring an HR10-250 back into service that's been off of the DIRECTV grid for a while.

It has software 3.1.5f on it and, unfortunately, I don't currently have a phone hookup for it to make a daily call for a few weeks to get newer software.

Is there any reason that the 3.1.5f software wouldn't work now? I know Daylight Saving Time was an issue, but starting tonight, it shouldn't be (until spring.)

Thanks!

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    It may have trouble with revisions in the guide data format that seems to be causing reboots in older software versions.

3. MBfromMI

MBfromMI Member

Apr 13, 2004
    SE Michigan
    ive been running the original 3.1.5 for almost a year now with no problems. I have had zero success with any of the 6.x versions.

4. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    3.1 here for me and over year of calls...just delete messages every month and it's fine.

for DST all recordings but manuals are just fine

5. temp357

temp357 New Member

Feb 18, 2004

Advertisements

Whatever you do, DON'T UPGRADE TO 6.3X code. You'll save yourself a lot of headaches. I went back to 3.1.5f and have had no problems since.

6. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    I recently caked a new drive with an old 3.1 CD and it worked perfectly...until I mistakenly left a phone line connected and it upgraded to 6.x. I've had trouble with freezing and reboots since. Soon I'll bit the bullet and recake. ;)

BTW, with versions after 3.1 you lose the helpful mini-description of programs on the Now Playing screen.