2nd HD DTivo Deal

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by ret2961, Jan 2, 2006.

1. ret2961

ret2961 New Member

Mar 1, 2003
    Sac, CA
    What is the best deal on a second HD-Tivo? I got in on the heyday of the lower prices a few months ago, but I am looking for a second HD and they won't come down from $399...

Just looking for how anyone else did...

2. chrpai

chrpai Goodbye DirecTV

Nov 1, 2005
    Cedar Park, TX
    That pretty much sums why I'm watching Law And Order on TWC TNT-HD instead of DirecTV UHD.

I recently purchased a second HD-Monitor ( Panasonic 26" CT-26WX15 ) for $399 and I called up D* to upgrade to 2 HR10-250's. Even after speaking with retention the best they could offer me was about $860 including installation of an OTA antenna. They offered me the standard $199 retention special on the first HR10-250 but wanted full price on the second along with installation, antenna, taxes and shipping.

After 5 years, Adios DirecTV. I had Total Choice+ with Locals, HBO, SHO, HD, DVR and 1 mirror for $95 per month with Tax. TWC offered me a comparable line up including the use of 2 SA8300HD DVR's for $80 per month with tax. Save $15 a month and avoid $860 in equipment charges.... it was a no brainer.

3. Scott D

Scott D Active Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Pasadena, Texas
    Hang in there, big boy. The price will probably be more expensive if you wait a short while. All TWC is doing is baiting you. Your prices will go up substantially after you promotion.

That is not to say that DTV is doing the same thing.

4. chrpai

chrpai Goodbye DirecTV

Nov 1, 2005
    Cedar Park, TX
    Sure, the prices are for a year. I freely admitted that I wouldn't pay the full price after a year and he freely admitted that they would most likely renegotiate then if I said I was leaving for DirecTV.

There was no installation fee and no contract or termination fee. I still own my DirecTV equipment so if I decide to go back its as simple as making a couple phone calls.

It's not like DirecTV was giving me some 5 year customer discount that I'd never get back.