$249 TivoHD at Fry's until 10/2/07

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by moolman, Oct 1, 2007.

1. moolman

moolman New Member

Dec 22, 2005

Advertisements

In the LA Times today, 10/1/07, Fry's has an ad for the TivoHD for $299 before $50 savings for a final price of $249.

Best deal would be to pricematch it at Circuit City since they give an extra 10% on pricematchs and YMMV there is a 10% off AAA coupon, just log in to your AAA account online. The 10% AAA coupon is technically not valid with pricematches but they always have done it for me.

There's also a $40 off $200 coupon for circuit city, you get those in the movers packs at the post office when you do a change of address. They have scans on the internet but a circuit city accepting the scan is a YMMV but I personally had them accept one before.

$249 - $5(pricematch 10%) - $24.40(AAA 10% off) = $219.60 + tax

OR

$249 - $5(pricematch 10%) - $40(mover's coupon) = $204 + tax

Heck, even at $249 and the $5 off for pricematch still makes it $244 + tax. No waiting for delivery from Amazon, instant gratification, for the same price. But the coupons are out there and they do work.

Alex

2. moolman

moolman New Member

Dec 22, 2005
    Here's a way for everyone to get the AAA 10% off coupon, even for non-members legitamately, remember to choose "enter as non-member". Technically, in the fine print, it says not valid with pricematch, so again YMMV but it has worked for me in the past with a pricematch.

Intructions found at SD:

go here for 10% off: http://www.aaa.com/CircuitCity

(2) use zip code 94111

(3) Click on 'Click here' to have promotional code emailed to you

(4) use zip code 94111 again

(5) choose "enter as non-member"

(6) enter your email address

(7) coupon arrives in as as little as 30 minutes

(8) Go to this item at CircuitCity.com

(9) during check-out enter online coupon 10%-off code. Default for the coupons is "No" so select "Yes".

(if you prefer, you can just print the coupon and
    give it to the sales person)

3. moolman

moolman New Member

Dec 22, 2005
    Here's a link to slickdeals, that has a scan of the $40 off coupon. The file is too big for me to post here directly. Again I remind you, YMMV with the coupon since it is a scan and you are pricematching but it has been used in the past many times by many people.

$40 off coupon

4. mikesown

mikesown New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    Can you pricematch with Frys anywhere? There aren't any Frys in a 100-mile radius here, so will CC still pricematch?

Also, for the post office thing, can I just show up and ask for one(for free)?