24, Day 8 2:00:4:00pm 5/24/2010

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by 702, May 24, 2010.

1. 702

702 Member

Feb 9, 2003

Advertisements

I must say I liked the season. I honestly liked the President's two-face through the last half.

Fitting end. Leaves room for the movie.

(I'm being vague until the west coast can see it)

2. skaeight

skaeight New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    It looks like I'm not the only one that got bored gave up on this season. I watched the last hour of the finale but it wasn't very compelling.

3. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I gotta admit that I misted up a bit at the end.

President Taylor should have ordered the assassination team to leave Jack the truck. He's kinda conspicuous being bloody from a bullet wound, a stab wound and a general ass whuppin'.

Jack didn't kill anybody.

Logan and One Ear Piller dead, two thumbs up!

Dead dude in the vent not stinky yet.

4. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I enjoyed it. Good finale.

5. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006

Advertisements

I get the desire to be courteous but why on earth would someone come to a thread about a finale they haven't watched yet??

It wasn't compelling because you didn't watch any of the story arc that built up to it, lol. How can you judge any story based on the very last part?

Anyway, I liked it. The president's ridiculous decisions earlier in the season drove me crazy, but I think they absolutely redeemed it by having her reveal the conspiracy when she could have easily gotten away with it at that point. She came through in the end.

I don't get what the data card could have revealed though, all it was was Jack's video to Kim in which he says everything that happened, but it contains no actual proof (unless he added the proof after his recording?).

Loved the stuff with Jack and Chloe, especially at the end. The actress who plays chloe had to step way outside her comfort zone and I thought she nailed it. I also though cherry jones was great also. Hell, everyone was good.

Logan shooting Pillar seemed absolutely unnecessary considering he knew he was about to kill himself and Pillar was already unconscious and couldn't stop him. Seemed to be a very odd choice.

It's been a hell of a ride, and even though it had some horrendous moments, it was one of my top three favorite shows of all time, and I don't think anything will match that first season in terms of ground breaking story telling and overall awesomeness. Hopefully the movie goes through as planned.

6. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I wondered if they'd find him, but if it is an A/C vent and he's only been in there a number of hours, it doesn't surprise me they haven't found him.

7. skaeight

skaeight New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Actally I watched the majority of the season. I just didn't watch about the last 5 eps.

8. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I don't know why Jack got a President sponsored head start. He murdered just about everybody in the Russian embassy that day, not to mention all the American police and security ass whippings and woundings he dealt out.

9. stinkbomb1020

stinkbomb1020 New Member

Jul 18, 2004
    I like the show and will miss it. I thought Kiefer's personal thank you to the fans was a nice touch. Hopefully a movie will see the light of day.

10. Southcross

Southcross New Member

Nov 28, 2008
    I missed most of the seasons... honestly, having only seen the last few epps of the last seaon and not the finale, I'm bummed I did miss them. Great ending, and I "hope" for the posibility of a movie

11. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    So why didn't she sign a Presidential Pardon? Then at least the Russkies are his only worry, not his fellow Americans.

I thought this last two hour segment was less than "incredible". Seemed like they could have done a better job, knowing this was the end. Just didn't do much for me.

I never bought the Pres's flip, so her flip-flop was even less credible.

I've always enjoyed this show, and did, right up to and including this end. As a season finale, it was ok. But as a Series Finale, meh.

12. scheckeNYK

scheckeNYK New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    no pardon because she was going to resign within the hour.
    she gave him the headstart b/c she knew what a twat she'd been. she owed him that much at least.

i liked the final scene where you could see Jack on the CTU screens. It sort of felt like classic 24 where the viewer gets to see multiple scenes happening at once, but with a twist.

13. stargazer21

stargazer21 Active Member

May 22, 2002
    Hockey...
    Since she's getting ready to reveal everything and turn herself in to the AG, I doubt any pardon she signs would hold much water.

I enjoyed the hell out of the finale, and got leaky-eyed at the end. I'm really gonna miss it.

14. TiVolunteer

TiVolunteer lotta lurk rare post

Jul 10, 2001
    Cary, NC
    No mention yet of the countdown to 0:00:00 instead of the normal countdown to 4:00:00 pm?

I thought that was a classy way to end the series.

15. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    It's over and it took until the last episode for some of the characters to behave like themselves (I'm looking at you Pres. Taylor).

Highlight of the finale: Piller looking for Jack only to find him closer than he was expecting, though that might be tied with Jack pulling a Mike Tyson on Piller as Chloe was headed to do her job at the Mobile HQ.

One other highlight, seeing Chloe dispatching the blonde bimbet as she took back over CTU.

I'm in line with the idea that Jack should be getting a Presidential Pardon for his actions despite what he did, though it would probably have to come from Taylors veep. Unfortunately that wouldn't stop the Russians, though for all of their desires, it wouldn't be a great idea for them to come after Jack, unless, of course it would make for a movie to air in a year or two ;)

16. stargazer21

stargazer21 Active Member

May 22, 2002
    Hockey...
    Yeah, that was very cool. Although we ended up debating on whether or not it should have been silent or not.

17. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Presidential pardon's are not the sweeping Get Out Of Jail Free cards that popular belief holds them to be. They only apply to federal crimes. Even if she granted him a full pardon, there are a multitude of state crimes that Jack could still easily be convicted of.

18. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Didn't we see the UN Secretary General in the early episodes of the season played by a different actor than the Dr. Benton guy we saw tonight?

19. Eptiger

Eptiger TiVo N00b

Jan 16, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    I think we can assume the recording had the proof attached to it. Of all the crazy stuff from the season, that's the easiest to believe :) I'm surprised Chloe didn't use her magical phone to "upload" it to Arlo. They do that with everything else.

I wondered about killing Pillar, too, and then remembered what Logan muttered about Jack. He wanted to do everything he could to make sure Jack died, so he killed the only other guy who could get to the assassination squad. Not sure if they could've revived Pillar in time, but that's probably the reasoning.

I think season 5 beat 1, but agreed: 24 has been an awesome show. It's been downhill since season 5 so I'm glad they stopped it before it spun out of control. The acting has always been awesome and the stories have been fun even if farfetched. There's much more ridiculous things happening on other shows *cough*Lost*cough*.

I also liked that :) It's hard with 24 to give it a grand ending just given the format of the show, but I think they did the best they could.

Not only that, but the Russians were after him. Even with the pardon, he had to get out of the country. Plus, she just realized she compromised her morals and was trying to fix things. Jack had good reasons for most of what he did, but he still killed a lot of people - the moral thing to do would be for him to go on trial and be acquitted of his crimes rather than pardoning him. That's my justification for why she didn't pardon him.

20. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Agreed.

I look forward to a new and improved "Fast Forwarding Clock" in the movie (I assume that's how they'll do it...unless they just have the movie take place during two hours).