24: Day 7: OAD 3/30/2009 11PM - midnight *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by terpfan1980, Mar 30, 2009.

1. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...

Advertisements

Time to see how badly Jack was exposed, or if he wasn't really exposed to the weapon but instead just some coolant for the real weapon.

I do gotta complain a bit how neatly the episode jumps to CDC on the site washing Jack down and giving him a broad range antibiotic. It seemed like there should have been about 10 minutes worth of time just for CDC to get there, never mind just jumping in from the last episode...

2. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Good thing for Jack it wasn't winter when they scrubbed him down in the middle of the road.

I don't know why it bothers me so much, but when the president appointed her daughter chief of staff, I wanted to throw my shoe at the tv. The reanimated corpse of David Palmer should rise from the grave and kick her in the butt.

It's time for Chloe to reappear. She and her magical workstation should be able to access all of Starkwood's closed circuit video feeds and find the bioweapons.

3. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Shrinkage!!!

4. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    You mean laundry?

5. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005

Advertisements

Good episode besides the last couple of minutes. That nuttiness was right up there with the White House being captured by terrorists.

6. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    You mean the 'we've painted ourselves into a corner and we gotta go somewhere so we'll have a stand-off because the f.b.i.'s are on private property and don't have a warrant to keep searching...' ending? Honestly, it all had to go somewhere and we could all pretty much see that it wasn't going to wind up with the baddies handing over the bio weapon.

That said, I'm amazed that there was no usage of infrared (though you'd have to expect the bad guys buildings to not be all that condusive to the use of IR and such, at least not if they were smart...) or other technology that would have helped pin-point where all of the important people were.

I have to admit I didn't see the double-cross by the exec coming, but should have. I walked into that one, though I assumed that even if he was helping provide intel that the weapons weren't going to be where he said. I just didn't expect that he was actively trying to buy time for the baddies in the way that he did. I figured he'd been lied to and was gonna be surprised himself.

7. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    Brannon Braga went and named a character Rick Berman. The bastard.

Greg

8. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    You're probably also that one guy who didn't know that...

(spoiler from last week's Heroes)
    Rebel was Micah.

:D

They telegraphed the hell out of it. When Mr. Jolie was telling his minion how Tony wouldn't break and that he would require a different approach, I knew something was up. When the minion started questioning Mr, Jolie in front of Tony, I then knew what it was.

I thought, though, that the empty warehouse was going to be wired to explode and Moss and Tony and the entire strike force were going to become crispy critters. Or at the very least that Moss was going to get killed, especially after he and Jack had their "bonding moment" together back at FBI HQ. That had "redshirt" written all over it. :)

I freeze-framed the pardon letter and there was something interesting there. Near the end, where it was specifying the date the letter was written, it phrased the year as "in the 231st year of our independence", which is odd in and of itself, but 1776 + 231 = 2007. I thought that 24 was at least a few years ahead of us, like around 2012 or something.

9. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    You expect their math to be correct? :)

I thought the minion was going to be surprised at the empty hangar. And I agree that they should have used IR to figure out where all the people were hanging out. That's standard ops in the real world. Oh well, no sense trying to drag reality into the storyline. :D

How the hell is Jack going to survive this one? They've pretty much said he's toast by the end of the day and there's no cure.

10. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    The wife thought the minion was cracking, and it certainly appeared that way. But I saw the empty warehouse coming...just not a mile away.
    There's ALWAYS a cure in 24-land...

11. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    best line of the night:

Larry: renee you can debrief jack

too bad they cut out this line from the script: but larry, he's was just debriefed out on the road not 10 minutes ago

So was the entire thing at the base totally planned or did the traitor just turn his situation into something that looked good for his boss?

I think it's obvious there is a cure for jack and i think they even said it a few eps ago, that the terrorists wouldnt make something without a cure. So in the deal to save jack because larry feels bad, i'm sure jack will be ok. So the 1st daughter appeared worried about the starkwood talk..not in a good kind of way. I got the vibe that she somehow worked for them or something sinister. And WHY does that one guy have to come in and press the on button on the phone for the prez? cant she be smart enough to be told the fbi is on the phone then press connect?

So do you think the old chief of staff will now go rouge or maybe be kidnapped or we are totally done? I really did thing starkwood would shoot down at least one helicopter, maybe the one with larry on it, but i was disappointed.

I never saw renee officially taken off suspension..they usually make big deals about that kind of thing

remind me where the bad mole inside the fbi got to? i think last we saw of him was running out the building?

12. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Does Larry Walker have a boss?

Why was Agent Freckles coordinating the FBI attack on Starkwood?

Even if Jack has a fatal dosage of the bioweapon, he's met death before and punched it in the face.

I also thought Starkwood was going to shoot down the choppers.

I was hoping that when the president assembled the joint chiefs that one of them would point at her daughter and ask "What the hell's she doing here?"

How'd you like to be the Assistant Chief Of Staff and come to work the next morning and find out that not only did your boss resign and you didn't get promoted, but the president gave the job to her spectacularly unqualified, untrained, out of the loop daughter who she wasn't even on speaking terms with earlier that day? I must let this go.

13. sburnside1

sburnside1 Active Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Why would the FBI choppers ask for permission to land on the Starkwood compound? They were seeing them as enemy combatants at the time.

"we have to be fast or else they will organize, but oh by the way, lets radio ahead and let them know we are going to land."

Also, did anyone else find the humor when the exec(speedle) asked Tony (currently a fugitive) for immunity.

14. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    What irked me is that once again a bunch of tough guys (the FBI this time instead of the Secret Service) were being painted as weak and acting like buffoons. They went in competently, on a mission the President signed off on, and then all of the sudden the helicopters were gone and they were deathly afraid of some guys in Humvees. I'm not quite buying that. Warrants have never been a big hangup in 24 land and I can't recall CTU acting like wussies so often.

The bottom line is that if I wanted to see a bumbling federal agency in action, I'd watch DEA on SpikeTV. Watching a fictional FBI and/or Secret Service get their asses handed to them twice in just a few "hours" is straining my suspension of disbelief.

Another big plot hole is that we now know the Starkwood compound has its own airfield, and the delivery of the weapon by seaport makes no sense.

Putting that aside, I think this is the best season of 24 in years. The writers are going back to the incompetence crutch too much, but at least it has been very entertaining. The action has been great.
    Yes... I suppose that should have been the first tipoff that this exec guy wasn't being honest.

15. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    What is Red Shirt? Is that something from a previous season that I might have missed?

16. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    What I had trouble with is how fast the Prez assempled the Chiefs of Staff, COMPLETE with full briefings!!! It was like in 5 minutes real time!!

Also, how many episodes left, I've lost track.

Still liked the episode, and as usual, I've suspended any type of belief to enjoy it.

17. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
  18. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey

Thanks. I've never been a Trekkie, so I didn't understand that term. Probably better to say that he was fodder to be killed off rather than some term not everyone knows. That said, I never had the feeling that he was going to be killed off. I can see him being one of those who winds up sacraficing himself for Jack by the end, as so many of Jack's superiors wind up doing, once they come around to Jack's thinking (Think Chapelle, and the dude this season who was working with Tony.)

19. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Also the joke is in some Austin Power movies and such.

I also didn't catch the trickery by the exec until about 10-15 min before and then it hit me.

Good job 24 :D

20. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    To be fair though, the helos were on the ground, the Humvees had .50 cals mounted on them, and the FBI was surrounded.