24: Day 7: OAD 1/12/2009 10:00AM - 11AM, 11AM - 12NOON

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by terpfan1980, Jan 12, 2009.

1. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...

Advertisements

And the story, and conspiracy, and shadow government and all that jazz continues.

But, at least Chloe is back so we get to see her leet computer skillz up against whatever Garafolo's character name is.

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    I'm wondering if Chloe can take Janis (that's Janeane's character's name)?

In what hour will Agent Walker realize or find out that Jack is still a good guy?
    My guess is 24. :)

3. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    Your note about Chloe reminds me that we did get to hear Chloe say that whoever was trying to stop her at the FBI was p-ssin' her off. Having seen Chloe back when she had the assault weapon in hand, I'd say that Janis (or whatever that name is) should be really careful.

On the other hand Chloe seems to continue to be just so easily led by Jack and/or Buchanon. Uh, Chloe, we gotta do this... even if it means bad things happen. Shouldn't we stop it? Nope, gotta keep following and see how far it goes... Oh, ok. :rolleyes:

4. johnny99

johnny99 TivoHD

Nov 10, 2008
    This is starting out as the absolute least plausible season of 24 so far. Four discredited agents are going to take down a vast conspiracy involving the FBI, Secret Service, and White House? And their entire plan is to go along with a series of kidnappings, tortures, murders, and more kidnappings until they can uncover the conspiracy?

5. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles

Advertisements

Just finished watching all four hours in a row -- I'm really digging this season so far. It's my favorite one since "Behroooz." ;) (Season Two still holds my number one spot though).

Why did I know that a lot of people (at least in the first thread for this season) would rag on poor Janeane Garofalo? I actually like her character -- annoying, yes. But she's a great foil for Chloe. I LOVED the split screen shot of them working against each other -- great stuff!

Sorry to see that the President's son didn't make it into the show -- he was a hottie! At least the agent driving (and betraying) the President's husband (The First Man?) isn't bad himself.

I like how Renee Walker is becoming more like Jack Bauer as each hour progresses. It will be interesting to see what happens when they encounter each other again. She and Janis are like "Jack Bauer & Chloe - Lite" right now. :)

I knew Tony wasn't bad, but was surprised that he *was* bad for awhile. Interesting.

I'm psyched by the season. Can't wait until next week (although I want to shoot whomever edited the previews for next week --- they gave away waaay too much!).

BTW, I experienced a lot of jitters and sputters through all four hours. I am in Los Angeles viewing OTA (not satellite or cable). I know others said there were problems in St. Louis. I hope my TiVo HD is not starting to die! :(

6. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    LOL! If you can't take the plausibility of this show so far, you should stop watching now. ;) Haven't you learned to throw plausibility out the window after 6 seasons?

I'm loving this season so far. I like all the new characters and settings. And I like the David and Goliath aspect of the 4 ex-CTU personnel against The Man." (Or in this case, it could be "The Woman."). It feels like Jack is back on track.

7. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    All these two hours needed was a one handed, murderous, pervert with a southern accent and we'd have had the perfect Prison Break episode.

Ok, I'll ask. Where's the money coming from to fund the CTU cave?

I like Agent Freckles. I was bummed when Jack put the crippler crossface on her but was happy that she consulted the Jack Bauer Interrogation Manual with the terrorist in the hospital.

I think I'll start ffwding through the First Dude's boring subplot. I hope that Secret Service agent shoots him if he's made to go off-grid again.

If I'm running a terrorist group targeting the US government and it's citizens, the one person in the entire world I'm NOT hiring is Jack Bauer. Don't these guys have cable?

8. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    So far I'm liking this. Not too keen on the African warlord subplot ( even for 24 that's a cliche) but otherwise OK. JG I could do without although it was fun to watch Chloe pown her. And, the whiny sidekick channeling Edgar is gonna wear thin pretty quick too. Maybe I'll be wrong but I doubt it. I think the earlier comparison of Walker and JG as Jack and Chloe light was dead on.

9. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    And not ONE promo for Dollhouse....

10. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    Ok we know the male chloe was telling the truth about the wife's plane in the air but they are trying to lead us down the path that he's a bad man too.

And isnt Chloe J's erasing of the guy's FAA infraction going to leave a trail as well? I dont know why chloe J is being protrayed as having all these mental health issues. I'm guessing it's going to lead up to an scene where she's needed by walker and has a meltdown

Why hasnt someone started a 'perimeter' counting thread on the forum? I think we are at at least 2 hard perimeters breached so far. Them using perimeter and socket as much as they do is just hilarious

And WHY would it take someone actively looking at a screen to find that a patient is coding? What kind of hospital doesnt have automatic notification

I'm shocked the daughter in law wasnt shot when the prez' hubby met her alone. That definitely would have been a great thing to do in that case. And i wish they would have killed the son on the show instead of not letting us see it. If that bad SS agent on the movie doesnt return, that will be a bummer.

Sooo is the chief of staff playing a game giving the fake SEC folder? Him saying dont tell ur wife sounded like he knew it was fake and if the prez finds out, she would be pissed. Something just smelt wrong when he gave the hubby that folder

And the secy of state will somehow come into play. The dont show discontent like that without it leaning somewhere.

So how will jack get into the safe room? Laser beam? c4? car driven through it?

11. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Tough man Jack saying, "This is gunna hurt," had me cracking up with laughter.

12. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    I was thinking the opposite; they'll have an eaiser job without the rest of CTU getting in their way. :D

I enjoyed the tech battle between the real Chloe & Chloe II. :)

13. gthassell

gthassell Active Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Willowbrook, IL
    I'm guessing that the agent (mr. "Channeling Edgar") is going to be quite sorry he moved his wife's plane up in the queue.

As soon as he did it, I thought "and I bet the next plane in queue will end up going down." *Possible Spoiler* Given the preview for next week, looks like it might possibly happen. *Possible Spoiler*

14. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I think I'm starting to see that this season won't be much of an improvement over prior seasons after a few more episodes. It is clear they are sticking to the same tired formula overall - moles, presidential stupidity, bad guy behind the bad guy behind the bad guy (when are we getting back to Jon Voight? Probably the last 6 hours or so), infinite hacking powers, etc.

The only thing that could keep this season interesting is the interplay with the FBI. I hope they don't ruin it...

15. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    I watch previews but others don't they are considered spoilers. Might want to spoilerize that speculation.

16. speedcouch

speedcouch Geekneck

Oct 23, 2003
    North Carolina
    That cracked me up too! Had to go back and watch it again to hear Jack's deadpan saying that. :up:

I know I'm in the minority, but I hate that Chloe is back. Ugh...but I DO like Buchanan, so it's good to see him around again. How much time is supposed to elapsed for him to turn totally grey though???

Cheryl

17. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    If you take the amount of time that has supposedly passed between each pair of seasons, we'd be several years in the future now.

They don't dwell much on that... :D

18. jebbbz

jebbbz Member

Sep 7, 2007
    35th and...
    Jack was fortunate the low bidder poured some damn fragile concrete.

19. Jayjoans

Jayjoans Active Member

Jan 22, 2003
    CA
    Linc will shut off the water, they'll silently drill two perfectly aligned circles, slide a pipe through, turn the water back on and then shimmy through it into the safe room.

oops, shoulda spoilerized that.

20. NoThru22

NoThru22 Smelly Pirate Hooker

May 6, 2005
    Bel Air, MD
    So you just revealed a major plot point that could have been shrugged off as speculation. I think you should be the one using spoilers.