$22.85 per month Comcast Fee Orl, Fl for one Series 3 TIVO? WTH?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by nychuck, May 19, 2011.

1. nychuck

nychuck New Member

Aug 2, 2005
    I am told the service charge per month for one Series 3 TIVO, Orlando, FL. Comcast is as follows:

HDTV Service $7.95
    2 Cable Cards @ $1.50 each 3.00
    Digital Cable Additional Outlet-
    HDTV Service 11.90
    Total, per month, 1 series 3 $22.85

Up until the May, 2011 invoice I was paying 10.95, the $11.90 was just added.

The rep told me that the $7.95 was for HDTV service for card #1 and that the $11.90 was for HDTV for card # 2.

I do have, in addition to the above, one of Comcast HD/DVR box for which they told me the cost was $19.90 per month, which includes the cost of the HDTV.

So in summary, I have my own box, the TIVO, and these greed-masters have told me I’m paying $22.85 per month after I paid $600 for the TIVO, which cost Comcast nothing.

Could others share what they are paying Comcast for one TIVO? Thanks.

2. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    When I was on Comcast a few years back, I did have an additional outlet fee. But it was a single fee per STB/TV, not per card. You probably need to reiterate it's two cards in just one box. Good luck.

3. TerpBE

TerpBE Go Terps!

Jan 23, 2003
    Philly 'burbs
    When I had Comcast I had about a 6-month problem with the additional outlet fee. If you can find someone to remove that fee, chances are you'll lose most of your channels on that card the next day. When you call to fix it, they'll say they have to send out a technician. When he fixes it, you'll end up being charged the additional outlet fee again. The whole process will repeat.

In the long Comcast cablecard thread (on the S3 board I think), I posted contact info for an executive assistant who can get things fixed. Search for that post - I think it was in 2008.

4. nrc

nrc Cracker Soul

Nov 17, 1999
    Living in a...
    Key point is that now you have some leverage with the FCC. The latest regs require that they charge you the same way that they charge customers with their own box for the same service. So unless they're charging their own customers with dual tuner DVRs an extra outlet fee it's not legal (or won't be, I forget when that part of the reg takes affect).

5. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    the loophole would be they have only one cable card in their dual tuner DVR

6. a68oliver

a68oliver Member

Jul 15, 2000
    Crawfordsvil...
    Your billing is clearly screwed up.

If you are paying an additional digital outlet fee, you should pay for only one additional cablecard as per this FAQ: http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQViewer.aspx?Guid=5993d5c8-c8a4-44f7-96f4-def06cced0db

Also, I thought the HD Technology Fee was to be only one fee per account, not per box. I am not paying any HD Technology Fee and I don't have any of their boxes.

We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com will connect you to a corporate person that can usually solve your problem. You should also be reading the http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=316310 for lots of horror and success stories.

7. MrSkippy53

MrSkippy53 New Member

Jan 27, 2011
    For a premier (and HD) they only have one card per box dual tunner box.

8. TolloNodre

TolloNodre En Fuego

Nov 3, 2007
    I have one Series 3 with Comcast in Michigan. No Comcast equipment.

First card free, second card $1.50.
    No outlet fees. No HD technology fee.

The installer told me the 800 people know zero about Cable Cards and that he would fix it when he got back to the office and he did. Thank god I haven't had to touch the account since.

I would follow the advice of a68oliver or try sending a tweet if you have a Twitter account - evidently Comcast does monitor that as well.

9. smark

smark Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Charges depend on if the Tivo is your only box or a secondary. If you have another piece of equipment, the Tivo would be considered an "AO".

10. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I know when I had Comcast I was able to get them to remove the additinal outlet fee. I told them I only had one outlet and i split it myself so they never provided me additional outlets.
    They removed all addtional outlet fees from my bill even though I had several TiVos on it.