21.9.6.v7-USC-11-849

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Tony_T, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017

Advertisements

Just received 21.9.6.v7-USC-11-849
    Anyone know what’s new with this update?

2. Paul Coco

Paul Coco Member

Jan 21, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Also received it yesterday but don't have a clue as to what this changes.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  4. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    …or more ;)
    Nov 20, 2019•Knowledge
    Compatibility
    What's new in version 21.9.6.v5 for TiVo Experience 4?

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

Those dates change. I don't know why. The current date on the TE3 page is 8/27/2019 which is about a year after the software was released. It has changed several times. I do think that date for TE4 is correct.

6. lman

lman Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Doesn't seem to have fixed the bugs that I was hoping would be fixed.

7. FairTaxGuy60

FairTaxGuy60 New Member

Jan 12, 2020
    I received this a few weeks ago. Since then, the Moca capability on my unit stopped working. I no longer have the option in the network setup to choose Moca. Only Ethernet and WiFi are options. Hope it doesn’t happen to you.

8. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    The curious or concerned can read more on this issue, here: Moca disappeared from Bolt OTA

9. tapokata

tapokata Active Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    As I noted in the above thread, MoCA still works for me after the v7 update.

10. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    Got v7 on my Roamio. No Moca issues. No other changes noticed yet, either.

Hasn’t shown up on my Mini yet.

11. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    Showed up on my Mini now.

TiVo+ still doesn’t work. Just goes to a black screen forever.

Nice job, TiVo. Promote a feature on my box that doesn’t work.

12. tim_m

tim_m Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Got this on my roamio, haven't checked the mini yet. It did something odd while installing though. While downloading the update it caused the TiVo to reboot. The second attempt it did a soft reset that you can do be pressing thumbs down thumbs up, play play. It did install that time though.

13. BillyClyde

BillyClyde Active Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Is this for the Edge too? If so, can someone test if it fixes DolbyVision on Sony TVs?

14. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    I think there is like 3 people on here who were suckered into buying a Sony and have an Edge

15. humbb

humbb Active Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Northern CA
    I'm still on T3 so I can't answer this question. Is it possible that this release now provides for variable QuickMode on T4 boxes? To test use S-P-S-7n-S where n is the multiplier (1-9). So 74 produces a 1.4 speed. If the sequence changes the current setting, a dialog will appear announcing the new speed setting.
    I watch a lot of sports on my T3 Roamio, and I find that 1.2 gets me through a semi-time shifted NFL game, for example, much faster (skipping through commercials and halftime and occasional 30 sec skips for penalties and replay reviews) and I can still understand the commentators' discussion points. I'll use 1.4 if I don't care what the announcers are saying. I'll usually start watching about 1.5 hours into the game and will catch up near the end of the game (unless I take breaks).
    Variable QuickMode is a feature that would be a dealbreaker to give up for me.

16. BillyClyde

BillyClyde Active Member

Mar 3, 2017
    I wasn’t “suckered”, thank you very much!

I did this deliberately knowing I had 30 days to return it after testing for this and many other reasons, including my wife clinging to TiVo and not wanting to use Channels DVR full time. I called them yesterday to get an update and of course they said it isn’t ready for release yet, but they gave me an extra 30 days to evaluate.

I have NOTHING to lose!

Mikeguy likes this.
  17. Fugacity

Fugacity Member

Oct 1, 2004
    That's better than they are working with Sony, since it isn't a problem Sony can solve for them and they need to implement low latency DV like every other device that supports DV does (for sony). Lots of TVs support it anyway because of XBOX using it because they don't want to trust the TV to be fast enough(so technically they don't do it for sony, Microsoft just forces all the other TVs to support it too)

LOL one is Tivo_Ted, but I'm not sure he had to buy his so maybe he doesn't count as the 3rd.

Doesn't really work on all Vizio's right either(depending on firmware i think, they now support hdr10+ and it broke alot of streaming devices). There was at least one person complaining about their LG C9 having issues. With a vizio I can crash the entire menu system if the video output is set to 1080i and 720 along with 4k and exit out of a DV show in netflix so DV on the edge is a hot mess all around.

18. Narkul

Narkul Active Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Not saying the Edge is abandoned, but I'm betting most of Tivo's resources are being poured into their streamer at the moment. I'm betting they dumped a crap load of money into the Edge's development and are seeing little return.

19. janitor53

janitor53 Member

Jun 9, 2016
    My ads for Tivo+ are gone from the guide, anyone else notice this?

JammasterC likes this.
  20. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Wow, same here. :)

JammasterC likes this.