21.9.2.v4

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by chuvak, Aug 29, 2019.

1. chuvak

chuvak Member

Jul 21, 2006

Advertisements

TiVo Bolt just updated to 21.9.2.v4 from 21.9.1.v14.

After restart, there was a message about AutoSkip being available.

Alexa still will not change my channel with CEC enabled. There are some font size changes on the Network Settings page.

Also, the HD Menu Software Version and HD Menu Client Core Version on the System Information page now says "mira-4-7" where I believe it was 4-6 previously. Maybe the transfer bug is fixed?

Noelmel likes this.
  2. markjrenna

markjrenna Active Member

Mar 23, 2006
    New Jersey
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Thank you for the post. When the release notes are put on the web site I will release them here, edited like I did for the last release. BTW, you are correct: it was 4-6

4. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Following your link I still see the v14 release notes.

From the TE3 release notes:
    Last Modified Date
    8/27/2019 6:06 PM

5. Adam C.

Adam C. Active Member

Jul 24, 2017

Advertisements

I got this update yesterday. I don't know if I'm seeing things, but the font on the guide seems larger and easier to read now.

Rey, Noelmel, GeoPro and 2 others like this.
  6. Megamind

Megamind I'm Feeling Blue

Feb 18, 2013
    Alpha Centauri
    I'm not having any issues with Alexa changing channels by name or channel number on any of my devices with this or the previous update, but since I didn't look back to previous posts to check the particulars of your issue, my experience may not be relevant.

It does seem to me that they tweaked the fonts with this one, but it's also possible we're sharing a delusion. I've never paid that much attention to them.

7. tim_m

tim_m Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    I notice the difference in the font on the guide as well. We can't all be seeing things lol. The font on the network settings page where it shows IP mac address etc has been made much smaller and a lighter grey. Even the text on the channel icons seem bigger and easier to read.

8. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    The Guide font is absolutely different and a little bigger - easier to read at the expense of not seeing as much information until you waste time trying to navigate to the particular cell to see the whole thing. Kind of a trade-off to me.

Noelmel likes this.
  9. jcddc

jcddc Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Glad to see I'm no longer the only one with these updates. The fonts have definitely been tweaked--I first noticed it in the update page, where they're smaller for the text about the most recent update.

10. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    I checked it versus one that has not updated yet. It is larger. I find it harder to read because it is so big and crowds the boxes.

Charles R and Megamind like this.
  11. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    While I can see the larger font with the guide, I wish TiVo would hold back on the dim text. I'm using a basic Roamio. I remember when 20.7.2 was released and the Premiere people were posting how bright all the text had become. It was brighter. The Roamio didn't change and there was no Bolt. Now they should compare the software on the Bolt vs. the Roamio and notice that most "side" text is almost invisible. Network settings is a good example. The larger font in the guide is probably due to feedback from older users who have their 32" sets 10 feet away. But why bother to include the network logo up with the text. At 5' there's no way you can read Comedy Central. The time is so dim, why bother? Anyhow, here I sit waiting for release notes.

12. trip1eX

trip1eX imo, afaik, feels like to me, *exceptions, ~aprox

Apr 2, 2005
    got the update. didn't notice any difference in the guide text.

the text on the Roamio in general isn't as good as it was pre-Hydra. And then (something like) getting to show info is harder than it should be. IT's a pain doing it through the guide. Usually involves extra button presses. What's funny is the info pops right up when you hit the info button on a recording under My Shows. But if you do that in the guide you're usually met with arrowing down to get to "MOre info." And then sometimes you have to request even more info after that to see certain details.

Also still a pet peeve that recording from the guide isn't a one button press affair. Neither is canceling a recording from the guide afaik. Boggles my mind.

JACKASTOR likes this.
  13. ManeJon

ManeJon Active Member

Apr 14, 2018
    Got the update and the message but I already had auto skip so.. didn't notice fonts but maybe I'll look again with eyes open

14. TexasDVR

TexasDVR Member

Feb 20, 2013
    I thought something had changed. Now I wonder what really changed? LOL I too got a message this morning on the "skip" etc. but my TiVo already had that adjustment in settings before.

15. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I really think the marketing department is on crack. They Tweet about 10 times every day. It's usually a stupid poll.

My cable company started using the Arris/TiVo with TE4 a month back. Now almost every localized commercial has "TiVo Experience" at the end. Today I saw a billboard with it. But I have yet to see one new subscriber find TCF with Google. I wonder. I only know two (maybe three) TiVo users on my company's feed that are members. Jed1 and me.

16. AZrob

AZrob Member

Mar 31, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    Is anybody seeing this update on TE3? That's what I'm on - current version level I'm seeing is 20.7.4.RC42-840-6-840. Or will only Tivos running TE4 be updated?

17. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I don't work for TiVo, but TE3 has not had an update in over a year and I don't expect it to ever receive one.

Noelmel and jrtroo like this.
  18. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Same here. Did TiVo remove a line to increase the font?
    I'm getting 8 lines/page now, but don't recall if it was 8 before.

JACKASTOR and Noelmel like this.
  19. xberk

xberk Active Member

Dec 3, 2011
    I got this update on my BOLT and WHAM .. my Amazon Prime and Netflix will connect but they will not stream. I'm doing the solution to this problem that worked once before. Hopefully it will work again.

Unable to stream Netflix and Amazon

Glad to report that the "fix" suggested by Tivo Support in the previous situation has worked again in this situation. This time it took about 35 min after doing the fix before streaming returned to normal.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  20. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I just tried Prime and had no issues with streaming. Roamio.