21.9.2.v3

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jcddc, Aug 18, 2019.

1. jcddc

jcddc Member

Sep 20, 2006

Advertisements

Updated yesterday (Saturday). Font on network settings page info on las attempt, etc., appears smaller. What to Watch opens up into a new page, but as I don’t often use it, can’t say for sure it wasn’t in previous version.

Forgot to add that TiVo Desktop is no longer able to download from my TiVo, though kmttg still works. Unclear whether it was a change in TiVo or Windows 10.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    JoeKustra likes this.
  2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    No update on the release note page yet. I'll update this post when it is posted. Thanks for the info.

WTW open a new page on v14.

3. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  4. jcddc

jcddc Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Mine is still at 21.9.2.v3 after today’s update. Very odd that no one else has reported it here and that there’s an even later update— unless that “4” is a “1”

5. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

TiVo should give them names. Like hurricanes.

Version correction: Tivo 21.8.3 to 21.9.4 V14

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  6. jcddc

jcddc Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Just got updated to 21.9.2.v4

In the other thread, the “4” was a “1,”. So this update is indeed numerically bigger.

7. setx70

setx70 New Member

Nov 28, 2017
    My Tivo Desktop just broke also starting yesterday, and I think it was around the same time I got the new update 21.9.2.v4. Tivo Desktop has been working well for me for a long time, but now when I click Pick Recordings to Transfer, it is unable to connect to my Tivo to browse and show the list of recordings, I get the message "There was an error while attempting to retrieve data from the selected DVR. The network connection was aborted by the local system." Is this what you're getting?

I've had errors like this before but they usually went away on their own or else rebooting my Tivo, computer, router, etc. would fix it. But I've had no luck after nearly two days now, it's feeling more permanent this time. :(

8. teevo_joe

teevo_joe New Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Got 21.9.2.v4. There’s a (new?) option under Audio & Video settings for HDR? I don’t recall seeing that before. Tried The Boys show in the Amazon app but HDR did not kick in. My guess is the apps need to be updated to support it. It did work in the Netflix app.

9. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    It is just a new menu function. HDR has worked on Netflix and Vudu for sometime now

10. markjrenna

markjrenna Active Member

Mar 23, 2006
    New Jersey
    This...
    501100 To-Do List may show channel as SD
    Is not fixed.

11. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    I deleted a Yankees recording and hit LIVE TV. I got a "this request cannot be done at this time. Contact your cable co." Everything is fine. Just thought it was odd to see it.

12. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    It is still not fixed. It was on the 21.1.9.v9 release notes.

13. Furmaniac

Furmaniac Active Member

Apr 3, 2018
    I finally just got this release but they didn't fix the following issue:
    On The To Do List, if you delete the final entry for any particular day, the cursor jumps next to the end of the list, many days ahead.
    I forgot how I can report this to TiVo. Can anybody tell me?

14. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  15. sehale

sehale Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Newark, DE
    Just started seeing this myself. Dang it.

16. Another oViT Guy

Another oViT Guy New Member

Sep 5, 2019
    Long timer lurker, finally registered. Just bought a TiVo Bolt VOX last month and already have two major disappointments
    1) Removed the thumbs button function (how do I tell it that I loathe soap operas - It seems like it is recording ALL of them)
    2) Now cannot download to Desktop. I've been doing it for years, and with this particular unit a couple of months.
    Software version 21.9.2.v4.USC-11-839

17. Another oViT Guy

Sep 5, 2019
  18. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Easy-to-use-and-install freeware pyTivo Desktop can be used to copy non-copyright-prohibited TiVo shows to a PC (and from a PC to a TiVo box, under TE3). And while TiVo Desktop is not "supported," it will work as well (after adding in updated certificates that a kind forum member has posted here in the forum).

pyTivo Desktop
    Easier to use pyTivo (discussion thread here)

19. Another oViT Guy

Sep 5, 2019

Hey that is pretty nifty. Catching up on missed downloads now. Original Recipie Desktop can be told which shows to download and which to ignore. I didn't see a setting for that (yet) - can it be thusly configured? Manual download is just fine though (given that logging into the unit web page and doing the very hard way is Plan B)

20. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    If I understand things correctly, it's all manual--but so easy to use.

But if you'd like to stick with TiVo Desktop, here's a link to the updated certificates, to get it working again--just add them to your TiVo Desktop software folder (overwriting the earlier certificates) and you should be set to go!

"Now Playing List Not Available"

(And the TiVo Desktop software itself/the last version, as far as I'm aware: Download TiVo Desktop 2.8.3)