21.8.1.RC6

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by JoeKustra, May 1, 2018.

1. May 1, 2018 #1 of 60
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

We are horizontal!

Seems to be some interests in documenting this release. If nothing else, this will be a good place to post the Release Notes.

BTW, the Overscan option works on a Mini, where someone using 480i output may need it.

It does seem the resolution problems are fixed.

krkaufman likes this.
  2. May 1, 2018 #2 of 60
    JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    My Mini connects to a Sony TV. The TV has CEC disabled. When I put the Mini into Standby and turn off the TV, I now need to wait for the message to drop before I power off the TV. If not it stops and doesn't enter Standby.

On the bright side, it seems you can now wake up a Mini from Standby with the Live TV button and you get Live TV. Before any key gave you the Home screen.

3. May 1, 2018 #3 of 60
    JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    When you apply the update, the default resolution is set to Auto. Hydra thinks my TV prefers 1080p60. Encore thinks it prefers 1080i. Seems SI does update ok. I don't have a 4k TV, so I can't test that.

4. May 2, 2018 #4 of 60
    JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    When I apply power to my Mini VOX, a channel change is still needed to get video. I thought that was fixed

5. May 2, 2018 #5 of 60
    rfryar

rfryar My Media, My Way

Feb 15, 2008
    Cottage...

Advertisements

Anyone else notice that the Amazon App disappeared in this update?

6. May 2, 2018 #6 of 60
    JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    No, works fine for me.

On a related note, my Mini VOX has been streaming YouTube at 1080/p24 for the last 30 minutes.

TrueEddie and rdrrepair like this.
  7. May 2, 2018 #7 of 60
    rfryar

rfryar My Media, My Way

Feb 15, 2008
    Cottage...
    I see it now.. It was renamed to just prime video..

8. May 2, 2018 #8 of 60
    JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    For some reason Amazon did that on every device I have back in March. The app selection is still used with Search.

9. May 2, 2018 #9 of 60
    rdbauer111

rdbauer111 New Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Does anyone have the list of the updates that are in 21.8.1.RC6?

10. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Ted said there will be release notes soon.

Noelmel, CloudAtlas and krkaufman like this.
  11. CTLesq

CTLesq Active Member

Jan 19, 2003
    SF Bay
    Actually no. And it is specifically listed in our horizontal menu. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Any app listed in the user preferences can be assigned one of the free numbers and then show on the menu bar.

13. Cheezmo

Cheezmo Active Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Can someone (@TiVo_Ted) address the "suggestions gone crazy" problem? My Tivo is recording all kinds of random TV shows (kids stuff, news programs, etc.) and hasn't recorded a movie since 5/1. Something has gone totally wrong with suggestions!

14. sbillard

sbillard Member

Sep 16, 2014
    Mine have gone crazy too. Today I turned them off so I don't have to deal with 50+ suggestions a day! (BTW, none were ones I would have watched and only a handful were series I might have watched had I not already seen the episode.

When addressing this issue, PLEASE add the ability to thumbs down from the list. Having to go play the recording to "dislike" it is a terrible burden! I might still have suggestions turned on if I could manage the likes from the show list.

15. tenthplanet

tenthplanet Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Years ago the advice was turn suggestions off and with every new Tivo I have. I know what I want to record that why I have a DVR.

16. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    Still curious if Thumb ratings were cleared with the update. Can someone having a problem with too many Suggestions check your OnePass shows for a Thumbs Up?

17. v3lasco

v3lasco New Member

May 4, 2018
    Is anyone having issues with channel signals after this update? My mini which connects to this bolt works just fine, but the bolt cant get a lot of my channels now.

18. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I have a very small channel selection. No programs have ever had a thumbs up since when I made the ONLY 1P, I killed the green thumb. I also ran the clear thumb & suggestion process. I still have two or three red indicators on at all time.

19. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    Maybe they introduced a new algorithm for Hydra users that records anything and everything on boxes with zero Thumbs.

It’s still not clear if the update wiped the ratings.

If I was having the problem I’d start giving Thumbs down to suggestions I don’t like and Thumbs up to ones I do.

ETA - in another thread you mentioned that your Hydra box only gets two channels. How do you get three suggestions at once?

20. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I just disabled suggestions for now. As for the red dots, TiVo doesn't care if I have signals for channels in my guide until it's finished recording. I have a dozen channels selected, including the two with signals. I make a manual recording on one of those daily. I could get another cable card, but I really don't need it to play with Hydra. Funny, until RC6 I could not view Recording Activity on the host or its Mini. I would get kicked out. That's ok now.