2018 Christmas Movies on Hallmark/Hallmark MM

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Toni, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002

Advertisements

I have a schedule of new Christmas movies to premiere on the Hallmark channel and Hallmark Movies and Mysteries. Up until this weekend, the TiVo program guide matched the schedule provided by the networks.

Beginning this week, there are two problems:

1) The guide data does not show the correct premieres on The Hallmark Channel

2) The guide data shows the exact same programming on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries as on The Hallmark Channel, even though they are different channels with different programming.

I submitted a lineup ticket but these problems extend to the end of my guide data so I don't know that they will be fixed. Repeat airings of those movies appear in the guide data in a day or two, but I don't know if they will be correct (I didn't cross reference them with the channels' scheduling websites.)

2. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Member

May 6, 2014
    I've noticed the same thing and keep checking to see if the schedule gets updated before air time. From what I can tell, TitanTV has the correct schedule, but that only helps to create a manual recording if TiVo doesn't get their act together.

wish_bgr likes this.
  3. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    I'm getting the schedules off HMM and HLL websites and making manual recordings for now. This is pretty widespread. I was on Twitter last night and saw people complaining to Dish and Spectrum about it.

4. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Member

May 6, 2014
    HMM posted a notice on Facebook last night that they were having trouble and the schedule was way off. They said you'd have to set a manual recording to capture "Last Vermont Christmas". I thought it rather funny because both HMM Online and TitanTV had the right schedule, so I don't know where the problem lies. Where is the disconnect getting the correct schedule to cable/sat?

Toni likes this.
  5. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002

Advertisements

Thank you for posting that, I'm glad they are at least acknowledging the problem! I hope it gets fixed quickly. Christmas movies are my favorite time of year :D

6. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Member

May 6, 2014
    Don't get too excited because the notice was really only about "Last Vermont Christmas", so I don't know if they're aware of the problem across the board. My schedule on Cox seems to correct itself next Monday at 4:00 am EST/6:00 am MST.

7. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    My guide (Roamio on FiOS) is "corrected" on Monday 11/27 at 5:00 am EST.

8. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    Mine corrects on Monday too.

9. osu1991

osu1991 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Oklahoma
    It should be fixed as the various providers update throughout today. Dish is now corrected on receivers that have updated listings today. I just manually ran an update on my Roamio on Cox Oklahoma. The listings are now fixed and my timers for HMM have returned

10. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    Thanks, I'll do a couple of manual updates today and see if I get the correction.

11. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    I forced a connection and am now fixed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

12. Lyons00

Lyons00 Member

Jan 24, 2015
    Just rebooted same duplicates on Hallmark. Any suggestions?
    Thanks Jerry

13. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    Did you force a connection? That fixed it for me, no reboot required. It may vary by market but they do seem to be pushing out the updated/corrected guide data through the connections, so you may need to try a couple of times today.

14. Lyons00

Lyons00 Member

Jan 24, 2015
    Hi, I just forced a connection and it said it succeeded, but still having the same issues. I'll try again later.
    Thanks, Jerry

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  15. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    Go to Settings and Messages, then Network Settings, then TiVo Service Connection. Go into that and it will begin a connection. It does this daily by default, but this process forces a connection out of the normal schedule.
    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Lyons00 likes this.
  16. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    BTW, if it's easier, a restart will cause a service connection within 30 minutes.

Lyons00 and Toni like this.
  17. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    I didn't know that, thank you!

18. DrDanQ

DrDanQ New Member

Nov 12, 2018
    I just forced a connection with Tivo as described above and the problem remains. HM and HMM's schedules in the Guide are still duplicates of each other. It's messing up getting the proper movies recorded! Wifey is having a cow! (Twins, no less).

19. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    I had to force a couple of connections to get the updated guide data. But mine worked earlier this afternoon. I would wait an hour and try again. In the meantime, I've been using the schedule on HMM website and doing manual recordings. It's a pain but at least I get the movies.

The good news is that they repeat a lot!

20. DrDanQ

DrDanQ New Member

Nov 12, 2018
    But when you do that.....doesn't Tivo list the incorrect name for the recorded movie then? Doesn't it name the recording by whatever is in the Guide....even if it's wrong?