2007 CBS Fall Showcase

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by flightrisk, Aug 20, 2007.

1. flightrisk

flightrisk New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Anybody see the cbs.com fall preview? The interface looks familiar. :)

(Apologies if this has been posted; did a search and nothing came up.)

2. rkester

rkester a rkester says what?

Jan 10, 2005
    tulsa area,...
    There is something reassuring about the Tivo interface to me. And even though it's just a web based approximation on the CBS site, it gave me a warm fuzzys.

Even though their new lineup is mostly old shows.

3. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Cool, but zero shows I will be watching :D

4. richsadams

richsadams Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2003
    The TiVo SFX are cool too. :up: I don't like that you can't go back to the faux TiVo menu once you click on a preview though. Well, you can, but you have to click on "Shows" in the nav menu and under "CBS 2007-2008 PREVIEW" click on "2007 CBS Fall Showcase" which is a bit of a pain. :thumbsdown: How about using the handy "Back" button or a simple link CBS? Too complicated?

"NCIS", "Two and a Half Men", "Ghost Whisperer (aka Cleavage Central ;)) " and "Numb3rs" are on our SP list already. We'll have a look at the new shows when they show up.

This certainly says something about networks not encouraging time-shifting! ;)

5. dcheesi

dcheesi ...I'm not.

Apr 6, 2001
    MD, USA
    Slightly OT: did anyone else initially read this as "CBS fail Showcase"? :D

6. mportuesi

mportuesi As seen on TV

Nov 10, 2002
    San...
    I counted EIGHT programs on their schedule that had to do with criminal investigations (three CSIs, NCIS, Without a Trace, Numb3rs, Cold Case, etc).

Don't people ever get tired of this stuff?

7. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    yup me, i loved law and order when I would randomly catch it, seen ONE CSI and ONE Without a Trace

That is more than enough for me

8. jjberger2134

jjberger2134 Member

Nov 19, 2002

Just click on "Return to Schedule" button located on the top right corner of the video preview (right under the TiVo guy logo).

I agree it is a cool site, and I am glad to see CBS partnering with TiVo. At least CBS is trying to work with TiVo.

9. richsadams

Jan 4, 2003
    Ah-ha! I knew there must be an easier way! :up:

10. Johncv

Johncv Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Chula Vista, CA
    This is all nice and everything, but why is CBS not using the "Showcase" in TiVo where user could find anything on CBS and record it?

11. jjberger2134

jjberger2134 Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Maybe they will. CBS may have to wait until about 2 weeks before all of the premiers when the programming information is downloaded into everyones units. Then the user will be presented with "Record this Episode" or "Get a Season Pass" option. This would be much more efficient and have a higher success rate than doing it now without the programming info available.

If CBS is using the faux TiVo guide on that website, then TiVo will most likely be giving CBS something in return, and maybe it will be a showcase.

I think they did that last year for a show called "The Class" on CBS, where TiVo users were able to preview part of the premier episode before it premiered live on TV.

12. richsadams

Jan 4, 2003
    Agreed. I'd also like to see more of the TiVo pop-ups on promos and programs that would allow one touch scheduling...on CBS and everywhere else!

13. JuryDuty

JuryDuty Tivoholic

Jan 10, 2003
    Fort Worth, TX
    Very cool promo...

But let's see...Survivor, Letterman and...er...um...hmm...guess I won't be watching CBS much this fall.

14. Stanley Rohner

Stanley Rohner New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    oklahoma
    I don't watch all EIGHT, but I do enjoy most of them.

The criminal investigation shows are a lot better than those stupid reality shows.

15. kb7oeb

kb7oeb Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Phoenix,AZ
    I like all the Monday night comedies on CBS and several of the criminal shows. I didn't realize how drama heavy they were until they fit their whole schedule into 3 tabs.

I noticed the returning shows have buttons to add a season pass but the new shows that I wanted to add didn't.

16. AlphaDelta

AlphaDelta Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Ann Arbor, MI
    There's no guide data yet for the new shows; give it a couple of week and they'll probably add the button for them.

17. Sandlapper

Sandlapper New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    Greenville, SC
    Just do me a favor. Please watch Jericho!!!

You'll thank me later. :)

18. richsadams

Jan 4, 2003
    +1 :up:

19. SeattleBrad

SeattleBrad Pusher of Buttons

Jul 19, 2002
    Seattle
    I think Tivo's marketing department has made some missteps but this one's a home run. Lotsa eyeballs here.