20.7.4d.rc15 (te3)

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by NorthAlabama, Apr 29, 2021.

1. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al

Advertisements

just updated tonight...

2. tommage1

tommage1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Yeah, got it on all 3 of my TE3 devices that are running at this time. What I personally noticed about the last two updates. 13, box sets are no longer available. Used to be able to see and record entire box sets like Marvel Movies, Terminator box set, Monty Python, Stephen King, Jason Bourne, Superman etc, there were quite a few. Some had not been working correctly for quite awhile. But now just gone, There also was something called "collections". Could record whatever was in the collection, kind of like wish lists for certain genres. From what I can see with 15 update collections are gone now too. If you have some box sets existing in your season pass list they are still there. But can't add any new ones as they no longer exist as an option. And the ones that are in my season pass list mostly don't work right anymore. TE4 still has box sets far as I know. Never checked collections. However with TE4 you could not just set up the entire box set to record, just individual titles within the box set. TE3 could be setup to record the entire box set over time (very handy). Oh well, wonder what else is new with 15 other than no more collections.

3. SteveD

SteveD Active Member TCF Club

Oct 22, 2002
    Parsippany, NJ
    My Bolt updated this morning to RC15, and so far, I don't see any differences.
    I checked one of my Roamio's still running RC13, and I don't see collections on there neither, so not sure when that disappeared.

tommage1 likes this.
  4. tommage1

Nov 5, 2008
    Interesting, I thought collections were still around with 13 though perhaps I am in error as I have never actually used collections, just the box sets. I do have some TE3 Tivos (not being used at this time) on 13 so will check next time I plug in, before they download the 15 update.

5. tommage1

Nov 5, 2008

Advertisements

I just put an older backup HD into my Roamio Plus which is updated to 15. Last connection while this drive was in there was 2018 so pre 13 for sure. However system screen shows 15 regardless. So the update must be on the flash drive. Will have to try one of the Tivos that has never been updated to 15 I guess, if Roamio or up the flash drive must be updated when a new update comes out, no matter what hard drive you put in there.

6. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Is 3 the older UI (pardon my forgetfulness please)?

I noticed this morning that my living room Bolt (original issue) not only must have restarted overnight (I can always tell because I use the Tivo clock and with a restart it disappears) but it also says 'pending restart'.

I have a feeling the overnight restart must be something else because it broke The Late Show in half and I missed an entire segment in the middle.

7. snerd

snerd Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Sounds like you may have had a power bump.

The 'pending restart" means new software has been downloaded but not yet installed. It will probably install tonight, or you could force a "phone home" connection to trigger the install.

NorthAlabama likes this.
  8. davidscarter

davidscarter Active Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Well that was a quick update: took less than 5 minutes to go through the restart and install, not much longer than a plain ol' restart.

9. Jetspeedz

Jetspeedz Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Not sure how long its been on RC15 but do not notice any differences so far other than Guide issues with Spectrum and no titles. Called Spectrum they are blaming tivo, have ticket open with both

10. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    True. But I was on "Downloading..." for 15 minutes, 14 more than normal.

11. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    wow, that is a while, the longest a software update download takes with my tivo is around 90 seconds! :eek:

maybe the servers were busy, or there was a noisy connection?

12. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    After each of these updates I keep expecting to see the pre-roll ads in TE3.

13. yesno

yesno Active Member

Jun 27, 2003
    Arizona
    I'm expecting TE4 with no rollback.

14. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    so, who wants to be the first to see if cpi&tdl actually works, or if it bricks the tivo? :oops:

15. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Someone in another thread he’s done it on 3 different boxes recently and it worked, though that was under RC13.

16. tommage1

Nov 5, 2008
    Just FYI the IE3 software updates have nothing to do with removal of box sets and collections. I hooked up a Premiere with RC8, they are gone with no software update. I know they were around within a few months as I added some box sets fairly recently. As for the ones in my season pass lists, mostly don't work, if I look at set info it shows what is in the set but for most does not schedule any titles to record even if currently airing. For kicks I might use KMTTG to save my season pass lists on some TE3 devices that have a few box sets in the season pass list. Then transfer to a TE4 device. Would be interesting to see if the transferred box sets actually record on TE4 since box sets do exist on TE4, just can't setup to record the whole set, just individual titles. I did like having entire box sets stored in their own folder.

17. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I don't think it was noise. I have 24 channels down and no errors on a SB8200.

18. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    On my basic Roamio, each tuner now has TA diagnostics. I don't use a TA.