20.5.9-RC15 and Dial Up Issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by reject902, Mar 14, 2016.

1. reject902

reject902 New Member

Oct 3, 2015
    Chicagoland

Advertisements

Anyone here with 20.5.9-RC15 using a phone connection? My grandma inherited my Premiere and (since she doesn't have internet) has been using the TiVo phone line adapater for dial up to download guide data. Over the weekend her Premiere updated to 20.5.9-RC15 and since the update it now reboots when trying to make a service connection. After it reboots (which actually appears to be several reboots) it'll attempt to connect again after 15-20 minutes, reboot again, repeat. I verified it can complete a service connection using wireless (an old TiVo G dongle using my phone's WiFi hotspot) but after a successful service call on wireless, switching back to a phone line connection results in reboots.

From what I can see, the behavior goes like this:
    Reports "Dialing" and dials the access number. (access number answers and carrier tone can be heard)
    While still reporting "Dialing", the TiVo releases the line/modem disconnects.
    Then reports "Connecting". (yet the modem is no longer on a call)
    Reboots

I've tried different access numbers, but the result is the same. I actually had a spare modem handy (known good) which I brought over to try--no change. Even went as far as to try forcing the modem's negotiation speeds with the dial prefixes (#028, etc) but no dice.

Totally stumped here and pretty sure it's related to this update.

Anyone else experiencing these issues or have any ideas what to try?

Thanks

2. Teeitupmo

Teeitupmo Member

Mar 8, 2016
    Dial up..man....that is trouble. I am surprised dial up is even supported. what does TiVo Support have to say? Is the TiVo registered on her account or yours?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

3. reject902

reject902 New Member

Oct 3, 2015
    Chicagoland
    Yeah, it's a bit of an antiquated connection method but since she doesn't have an income that doesn't leave many options. It was actually still pretty solid for downloading the guide data until the update.

I haven't had a chance to get with TiVo support just yet--they were about to be closed by the time I finished trying to mess with it.

The TiVo is under my account.

4. Teeitupmo

Teeitupmo Member

Mar 8, 2016