20.5.2b.RC1

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by ustavio, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Nov 4, 2015 #1 of 73
    ustavio

ustavio Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Roamio Pro just updated and rebooted to 20.5.2b.RC1 out of the blue. No advance warning or heads up. Didn't sign up for priority update because there wasn't one I was aware of. A release candidate update? No notable changes except for the aforementioned numbers. Que Pasa TiVo?

2. Nov 4, 2015 #2 of 73
    foghorn2

foghorn2 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Que Pasa?

Passa Gassa!

3. Nov 4, 2015 #3 of 73
    apsarkis

apsarkis Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Tillson, NY
    I also just got this "update" on my Roamio Pro (I hadn't signed up for early access on this version). There was a message that came with it:
    "OnePass just got better!", with a bullet item:
    "Record all shows including duplicates with the Record Everything OnePass option"

No "Quick Mode" yet, to match my minis.

4. Nov 4, 2015 #4 of 73
    jbarrie

jbarrie New Member

Sep 17, 2006
    NJ
    Same failure as above in this thread. Updated to 20.5.2b.RC1-USA-6-840.
    Update was unwanted and unexpected. Freeze occurred at 8:30 PM. Restart after 3 minutes. Turned to update screen (that looks frozen). Update completed at exactly 8:45 PM, and follwed by restart.
    I don't feel lucky. The OnePass update appears to be worthless to those of us who do not use VOD (from Comcast) except for fall-back in event of program loss).

5. Nov 4, 2015 #5 of 73
    kbmb

kbmb Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2004
    NH
    My Roamio basic got the RC1 update as well.

-Kevin

6. Nov 4, 2015 #6 of 73
    RonH

RonH Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Same here. What's the deal with the duplicate message? I got the same OnePass just got better message in September too.

* and I'm not signed up for any early update either *

7. Nov 5, 2015 #7 of 73
    keenanSR

keenanSR Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Santa Rosa CA
    So did I, and as a side note, it didn't fix the audio dropout problem either.

8. Nov 5, 2015 #8 of 73
    series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    That OnePass feature had already been updated with the previous release. My guess is this update was to help create a demarcation between Roamio and Bolt software so they can more easily pick and choose which features to give to which.

9. Nov 5, 2015 #9 of 73
    Anotherpyr

Anotherpyr Active Member

May 6, 2015
    Hmm, my moca network is down after this update. The use this roamio to create a moca network results is a moca network that is down now and no way to bring it up

10. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    My Roamio Pro has become MUCH more responsive after this update.

11. bcronin

bcronin Member

Dec 28, 2001
    The...
    My Roamio Plus is dead after this update. I found it frozen this morning. I pulled power and rebooted it. Then it installed the update. After the update I can't get any TV signal to display. I get the HDMI Connection Not Permitted error on every channel. This was all working fine last night. What the h*ll?
    --
    bc

Update: I do get a TV signal on my other TV that has a mini attached via MOCA to the Roamio, so its definitely the Roamio that is broken. I did try switching it to another HDMI input on the TV (that is working fine with my BluRay player) and still have the issue, so its not a problem with the TV or the HDMI input.

Update 2: After 90 mins on the phone with tech support going through the troubleshooting script and moving the Roamio back and forth between TV's, the conclusion is that this update seems to have caused some sort of issue with HDCP (for multiple customers, not just me). TiVo is shipping me some composite cables to use in the meantime while the issue is worked. Being a software person myself, I understand these things happen and sympathize, but its nevertheless a pain. So now we wait. To TiVo's credit, they did offer me a slide remote as compensation, but I've got one of those already so I declined.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  12. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    Can you be a bit more specific? My Roamio (basic, used for OTA) downloaded 20.5.2b.RC1 late yesterday evening and was pending restart when I went to bed, but for some reason it didn't reboot until 8 or 8:30 this morning. Playing with it for a few minutes now I would say it seems pretty snappy, but I hadn't noticed any particular sluggishness before, except for the blue-spinning-circle TiVo-server nonsense which I assume should be unrelated.

For the record, 20.5.2b.RC1 still doesn't have QuickMode. My Mini V1 got that recently with 20.5.4a.RC6, and it works fine without any Bolt on my network.

13. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Specifically using the Remote tabs with kmttg to get the "ToDo" list and "My Shows" list and basically any other RPC related task are quite significantly faster than I can remember. Also TS transfers from the unit are exceeding 160 Mbps for me now with all buffers busy.

14. eric102

eric102 Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Maybe its the power of suggestion but mine seems zippier as well, especially connecting to YouTube and Amazon.

15. samccfl99

samccfl99 I Am Sometimes Vocal

Sep 7, 2013
    coconut...
    AND it NEVER will...LOL. Another useless update from Tivo. I knew it was coming and YES, the same message about onepass has been there the last 3 or more "updates". I myself had no trouble with it. I knew it was coming and connected and after it was Pending Restart and you all know what that means. I waited till my shows were finished recording and did a restart and had no problem. JUST NOTHING NEW IN IT. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING...:D:confused::eek::mad::):thumbsdown:

OK, maybe the transfers to pc are faster, but I got moca now and when I did that it really started to go much fast. NOT THE BOX THOUGH...LOL. Yes, must be the power of suggestion...HA!

16. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    aren't RC's sort of band aid software not final release I don't the the priority page is for RC software

17. apsarkis

apsarkis Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Tillson, NY
    Which makes it even more unexpected to see a "RC" s/w build being sent to general users.

18. KevinG

KevinG Member

Sep 3, 2003
    Mt. Laurel, NJ.
    I got it too...however, I'm really not at all happy that it decided to reboot for this update while it was recording 3 different scheduled recordings. Why didn't it wait until the middle of the night?

19. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston
    reboot your network starting with the router and each TiVo connected.
    See if that helps.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

20. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    This fixed a issue with boxes getting stuck in guided setup