20.2 White Plus as a service provider?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by shadowfrom88, Jan 9, 2012.

1. shadowfrom88

shadowfrom88 New Member

Jan 5, 2011
    I have 20.2....while searching for movies tonight, I pulled up the movie "Red" and my available service providers were "buy only", "amazon", and a white plus sign???? Anybody have a clue??

2. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    I pulled up "Red (2010) HD" and my options are TV SHO2P Sat 1/14 5pm and Amazon

3. TiVoMargret

TiVoMargret VP Product Dev & Chief Design Officer, TiVo

Feb 2, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    The white plus icon means the show/movie is available from a source you have unchecked. So, it may be available on TV, but only on a channel you don't have checked (in the Channel List), or it may be available from a video provider you have unchecked (in the Video Provider List).

We wanted you to know there is *some* way to get the show/movie, but we didn't want to put a logo in front of you for a provider you said you didn't want.

--Margret

4. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    Margret, You are Awesome -- Thanks so much

5. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Margret,

That is very cool! Any thoughts about creating an icon for a source that is completely unchecked in the channel list. For example, I don't subscribe to Showtime but I know there is a program on Showtime called Homeland that is a highly rated new series --> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1796960/

When I search for Homeland I get nothing related to the 2011 TV Series. I would have preferred to see a white icon showing that it is available but I would need to subscribe to Showtime to see it!

Thanks!
    ~Sam (aka @techwzrd)

6. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I was trying to figure out a way to show a White Plus Icon. So far I've struck out trying to get one to appear.

For example, I deselected Netflix on the Video Provider List and than searched for Star Trek. I see the 2009 movie but it shows its available on Amazon for purchase. I guess I need to find a show that is only available on Netflix for it to show up?!?

7. Saberj

Saberj New Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Sounds like it's for CHANNELS you've de-selected, specifically. Un-check ABC Family, then search for a Harry Potter movie. That should do the trick. :cool:

8. shadowfrom88

shadowfrom88 New Member

Jan 5, 2011
    It must be for channels because I have all my video providers active.

9. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Why not put the logo there, but "greyed out", so as to tell them who's got it but indicate extra steps will be needed to get it?