2 Tivos with one subscription?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by sbouton, Jan 21, 2006.

1. sbouton

sbouton New Member

Dec 27, 2003

Advertisements

I can't get an answer from Tivo support, so I thought I'd try here. My searches didn't help, so I hope you don't mind a basic question. (I may need to learn more about searching on this forum.)

I have one Tivo Series 2 (80 hour)with a lifetime subscription. I'd like to add another box with a larger hard drive. Do I need a second subscription in order to record on both? If anyone has a recommendation for a compatible box with a 160 GB or larger HD I'd appreciate it. I'd like to be able to share the recordings on both uints as well, so now I am up to 3 questions.

Thanks for your help.

2. gonzotek

gonzotek tivo_xml developer

Sep 24, 2004
    Outside...
    Each box has to have it's own subscription, but since you already own one with lifetime, the second will only cost 6.99 per month (or the standard lifetime fee, if you opt to go that route). I would buy the 40hr and upgrade the drive myself, but if you're not comfortable with that you can have it done or buy it pre-done from Weaknees. As long as both boxes are on the same account, and are networked, sharing will be no problem.