2 Tivo's - Mutli-room view gone?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by GerryinNV, Sep 15, 2007.

1. GerryinNV

GerryinNV New Member

May 6, 2004

Advertisements

Ok, so I've had 2 series 2 tivo's wirelessly connected to each other for about 2 years. I've easily shared programs from one tivo to the other almost on a daily basis. Well, a few days ago, the icon to my other Tivo was gone from both Tivos and I can not figure out why.

I've checked the wireless connection on both tivo's and that's fine. I even doublechecked that the home network applications are enabled (never worried about this before). I installed Tivo Desktop on my computer and it sees both Tivo's just fine and I can easily transfer programs from either tivo to my computer, however, the actual tivo's still don't see each other and dont know why. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Weird, def not gone.

Try rebooting and replugging in everything :D

3. dcahoe

dcahoe TiVoPlayList Author

Jan 28, 2006
    Louisville, KY
  4. dheerema

dheerema New Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Michigan
    I have a similar problem starting today when I got the fall 2007 service update. The now playing list shows the names of Tivo's that are no longer on my network, and others with the incorrect name. (I changed the name about 3 months ago) Today it reverted back to the old name. It is different on tivo.com. weird.

5. dcahoe

dcahoe TiVoPlayList Author

Jan 28, 2006
    Louisville, KY

Advertisements

Usually wrong names are fixed by forcing a connection or 2 under messages/settings -> settings -> phone/network.

6. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
    I've read here that with latest update both Tivos have to be at the same version for MRV to work. They have tweaked something apparently.