2 TiVo Premieres can see each other but....

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by TIVO_GUY_HERE, Nov 2, 2019.

1. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I recently "Cut the cord" and sold my BOLT, but kept my 2 tivo premieres because they both have lifetime, and I use for OTA.
    They see each other but when I open the "Bedroom" premiere from the living room box, all shows have a Red X next to them and I can't play them. Same from Living room box to Bedroom box.
    When I open any show it shows "X this program will be deleted within 24 hours" even tho it was recorded this morning and both tivo's have expanded hard drives so are only about 10-20% full. I use mostly for Local sporting events.
    Is this because they are OTA? Even shows that are on tivo that were recorded via cable I get the red X. I have done multiple reboots of boxes and internet.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Do any shows every get deleted?

Check your account on TiVo.com because they may have deleted your Premieres also.

3. TIVO_GUY_HERE

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Just flaky TiVo interface like everything else (Why I cut my cord)...
    This morning I could see bedroom from Livingroom no issues.
    But couldn't see ( getting the X to be deleted) Livingroom from Bedroom.
    Decided to reboot again... and now I can see livingroom from Bedroom, but livingroom cant see Bedroom at at. I don't watch one from the other that much, but geez going through hoops to get it to work. Tivo strikes again.

4. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Can you play the shows?

Listed as going to be deleted is very different from being deleted or not being able to play.

Shows often get marked for deletion, especially with an upgraded drive, but never do get deleted.

-KP

5. TIVO_GUY_HERE

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I can play from shows on Bedroom tivo from Livingroom but not other way. But before I rebooted both, it was just the opposite.
    Understood listing as being deleted is different from being deleted, like I said MUCH free hard disk space available. I can delete shows I can watch from the other room, but the tivo that is showing X next to each show I can't do anything.
    I'm sure if I played around with it did more reboots, it might "Catch" and see both from each other, but right now, it's just not worth it.
    I only pretty much watch Local sports on the OTA Tivo's (I am 4 miles from HD antennas and get GREAT picture), for it's great slo-mo and replay ( I have YouTubeTv now, and their FF and RR sucks).

6. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Force a few TiVo Service Connections on both boxes and throw a couple Reboots in for Good Measure?

-KP

7. TIVO_GUY_HERE

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Done that Many times.
    I'm not too worried about it, I just thought if others had this issue, and had a fix it would be great. Rebooting and force connections isn't it.

8. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    do both dvr's have transfers enabled via the my tivo account page?

kpeters59 likes this.
  9. TIVO_GUY_HERE

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Yes