2 Tivo Mini's on eBay

Discussion in 'eBay Auction Central' started by kenfirch, Dec 13, 2020.

1. kenfirch

kenfirch New Member

Apr 4, 2005
  2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
  3. kenfirch

kenfirch New Member

Apr 4, 2005
    If TE# is the UI used for the boxes, which I think is what you are referring to, all I can say is for my Bolt and 2 mini's, I never did that interface upgrade. I realized when it came out it was a one-way street of no return, ain't going to do it. So these Mini's are purchased back in 2016, activated, on the WAN so if firmware is automatically updated, that happened, but no optional updates done by me. I took a quick look at the thread given, and it looks like folks are having a lot of fun with the TE4 upgrade :), but didn't see a way to check versions on my now disconnected system. I did take a photo of my Bolt configuration screen, and the software version for the Bolt is 20.7.4b.RC3-USC-11-849, if that helps. If I can get a link to a thread with specific instructions to get that info, let me know. Bolt will be going on eBay today.

krkaufman likes this.
  4. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    20.* is TE3, so your Minis would NOT have the issue, which should make them more valuable in the resale market ... though you might have to advertise both the disease and your boxes’ immunity in the sales pitch.

(Shouldn’t need to check the Minis; they’d be running the same OS version as their host DVR.)

5. kenfirch

kenfirch New Member

Apr 4, 2005

Advertisements

Thanks for that, updated eBay listing, but left price the same. Maybe I should have added that they are NOT 'Blue Dog Specials.'

krkaufman likes this.
  6. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Yeah, I *love* that term (h/t @bethslave), just not so much the issue.