2 pyTiVo Desktop Problems

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by hoosier_hoser, Aug 23, 2018.

1. hoosier_hoser

hoosier_hoser New Member

Dec 21, 2006
    I’m using pyTiVo Desktop 1.6.16 on 2 Windows 10 computers. I have 2 problems.

• pyTiVo Desktop does not see a TiVo 2

pyTiVo Desktop “sees” my TiVo 3, but is does not “see” my Tivo 2. If I drill down to Settings | TiVoToGo, the TiVo 2 does not appear in the TiVos list. There is no control within pyTiVo Desktop that would allow me to configure an unseen TiVo. KMTTG recognizes both my TiVo 3 and TiVo 2 units. This issue of recognizing my TiVo 2 occurs on both Windows 10 computers on which I have installed pyTivo Desktop.

How can I get pyTiVo to recognize my TiVo 2?​
    • Tivo 3 and TiVo 2 see a phantom share
    I originally named my video share <name> Video. I then deleted this share and created a new share <name>_Video. Now both <name> Video and <name>_Video appear in the Now Playing list on my Tivo. Restarting pytivop Desktop and the TiVo unit have no effect the phantom share, <name> Video.

What do I have to do to make this phantom share go away?
    Thanks in advance ...

2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I don't use Windows, but this is the pytivo thread..
    pyTivo - Transcoding server

at least that's for the pytivo UNIX version.. maybe there is another thread or you could ask there anyway..

3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Dan's version seems to be usually covered here.

Easier to use pyTivo

Scott

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    You are correct. I was going to make suggestions, but I think the TiVo numbers aren't labels but the platform series.

5. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Phantom share. Have you ever used the old version of pyTivo? You might want to reboot everything.