2 problems

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by bigdaddy99, Feb 21, 2007.

1. bigdaddy99

bigdaddy99 New Member

Jun 29, 2005

Advertisements

Hi all, I've read the faqs, but can't seem to find a solution to two problems I have. Both are very specific:
    1 - the daily show and colbert report record every instance, three times a day, even though I have it set up to only record new shows. Is there a way to only record them once a day at a specific time? Even when I select new shows only - it shows that it's going to record three times a day - which is a pain.

2 - is there a way to record for a specific amount of time, rather than a show - tonite my GF wants to record American Idol but also Criminal Minds - the problem is that American idol is a two hour special that overlaps Criminal Minds. It would be nice to be able to record a channel for an hour, but still not exclude other shows.

Hope I'm making sense!

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

David Knapp

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    One answer to both your questions would be to set manual recordings.

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    More specifically, there's an option on the Pick Programs to Record menu for doing just what you need.

4. Awalt

Awalt New Member

Dec 1, 2006
    This still does not explain the problem with #1. I canceled both Season Passes because it was 2 annoying.

5. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL

Advertisements

The problem in #1 is the Guide Data. The TiVo relies on the Guide Data to determine if a show is new or a repeat. Shows like South Park, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, etc. are notorious for having incorrect Guide data, so this is a common problem.