2 Mini's on the way... and I have S3's...

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by sdsvtdriver, Oct 9, 2014.

1. sdsvtdriver

sdsvtdriver Member

Mar 5, 2008
    I jumped on the $99 Mini @ RS and ordered two. I almost bit on a Roamio when Tivo was offering a deal, but at the time the Mini's were subscription and didn't want to buy two Roamios.

Anyway, until I find a deal on a Roamio, can I activate these Mini's with lifetime or do I need a Roamio on my account to do so? Hopefully Tivo will have some holiday promotions which make the Roamio too good to pass up...

2. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2004
    You can probably activate them... wouldn't hurt to try. Either Roamio or Premiere Tivo lines will work (4 or 6 tuner).

3. nooneuknow

nooneuknow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2011
    If recent posts on the subject, and my memory, are good enough, you can activate the Minis online, through TiVo's website, without ever hooking them up, or talking to anybody.

You just go to activation, type in the TSNs, and they should then show on your account as lifetime service, no fees required.

If I am wrong, I welcome a correction. I just realized, that with all TiVo products I have ever seen, the TSN is on the outside of the box, which somebody could write down, put on their account, and leave the person who buys that product, with that TSN, pretty much screwed. Am I missing something here?

4. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    You should definitely try to activate them. Free lifetime activation may or may not last forever, so better safe than sorry.