2 H10-250's on Same TV Question

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by swannie, May 30, 2007.

1. swannie

swannie New Member

Feb 4, 2003

Advertisements

I have two H10-250's, I just received on from my brother who cancelled his service, I only have one HD TV and I would like to hook them both up to the same TV on different inputs, one HDMI and one component. My questions is is there a way I can set them up that when I push the buttons on the remote that both units do not respond the same? I do not mind having to use each remote with each unit. I would like them to work independent of each other. Thanks for your help!

2. rminsk

rminsk TiVoted TiVo User

Jun 4, 2002
    Marina del...
    Cover up the IR receiver on one of your DirecTiVos. Goto the system information screen on the other DirecTiVo and page down until you can see the remote address. On the first remote hold down "pause" and "TiVo/DirecTV" until the led on the remote lights up and then choose a new remote address by hitting a button between 1 and 9. Page up and down on the DirecTiVo to make sure the new remote address was read correctly. Repeat the same process for the second remote and second DirecTiVo and use a different remote address.

Do not use a remote address of zero. Zero is universal and any tivo remote will work a tivo with a remote addy of zero.

I hope you can follow my directions. This is all in the manual also.

3. swannie

swannie New Member

Feb 4, 2003
    I think I understand you directions, seems pretty straight forward, if I get lost I will go to the manual. Thanks for your help!

4. BruceShultes

BruceShultes Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Albany, NY
    When I was trying to set different remote addresses on my HR10-250 and my Tivo S3, I had problems just covering the IR ports.

I finally got it to work by powering off one box while I was setting the other.

5. swannie

swannie New Member

Feb 4, 2003

Advertisements

Thank you, I may try that as well. It sure is nice to have options!

6. lutton

lutton New Member

Mar 10, 2004
    You can also get a remote that has the A - B switch so you can more easily switch from one unit to the other:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-peanut-remote.php

It's listed as a 'Series 2 stand alone' but it will control the directv units, too. It's just not shipped with them...

You'll still have to go through the process of setting the individual units and the remote to control the specific units, but once you do that, just flip that one little switch to go back and forth.