2 different colors for green dots

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by jt72, Nov 28, 2011.

1. jt72

jt72 New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    I just upgraded to a Premeire Elite last weekend, and have noticed that I seem to have (2) different shades of the "Keep until I delete" Green dots on the "My Shows" page.

Nearly all of the green dots are "Dark", however the "THX Optimizer Video" and the most recent episode of "Dexter" have a lighter/brighter colored green dot.

I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason for the different shades - does anyone else have any ideas?

I've included a picture - it is subtle, but the dot next to Dexter is a lighter shade of green that the other green dots.

Any help/ideas/thoughts greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    Weird. I do see the difference in the screenshot. Is it positional? In other words, if you delete the show above Dexter, so Dexter moves up one spot, will Dexter still have the bright dot, or will it have the duller one while the show that slips into its old spot now gets a bright one?

3. jt72

jt72 New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    It is not positional. I deleted a show above and below Dexter & the light dot stayed with Dexter. It is also persistent. If I go watch a show, or leave the My Shows page and come back the same shows will have the lighter green dots.

So far, the only two are:
    - THX Optimizer Video
    - Dexter

Those two shows also have the -new- flag next to them, but there are several other shows with the -new- flag that have that the darker green dot.

4. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Oh how I long for the days when Tivo would come here and post release notes. I wish they would just do it and then lock the thread so they don't have to answer any questions.

5. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    That yellow block that says "new" next to the listing might have something to do with it, how long until the show's been on the TiVo long enough for that not to be there?

6. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    Can I ask a dumb question? How do you get a green background screen, mine is Blue. Even on the SDUI the folder color is blue not green, I cannot find anything that resembles the OPs attached pic.

7. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Maybe because you only have a Premiere, and are not "Elite" enough to rate green?:)

(just a guess, the newest TiVo I've ever had my hands on is an S3 HD, and that only within the past month)

8. andyf

andyf Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    Maybe it's a VM or RCN TiVo.

9. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Elite is only offered in retail. I guess the Q on RCN could be using a green background.