2 Broke Girls OAD 10/17/11 "And The 90s House Party"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tiams, Oct 18, 2011.

1. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I like this show more and more. I'm glad the rich girl isn't just a dumb blonde. she is teaching Max things (like how credit cards don't make sense) and it's her business background that is allowing them to start a cupcake business and make money in other ways like the party.

I'm glad that in this episode they didn't waste money on something frivilous but instead paid off the student loan.

"It will be nice to throw my wad in his face for once."

2. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    I am feeling the opposite about this show the more I watch. I'm no prude, but I find the show crass.

Crudeness for crudeness' sake does not equal funny in my book.

3. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Love this show....not liking Whitney's own show.

"go give him a Han job"...LOL

4. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    Seemed like the actress (not the character) couldn't help smirking after that line.

I also don't understand why they had to wear their waitress outfits (underneath other stuff) to their own 90's party.

I'm still liking the show more than I thought I would.

5. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    I too am liking show beacuse I like the way Max and Caroline interact. I also like how they mad sure Caroline was NOT a dumb blonde or stuck up biatch. She really is neither. She is pretty smart about a lot of things and is a kind and caring person.

My only minor quibble is with the other cafe characters. I am not sure they need Han AND the creepy cook, AND Garret Morris's character. But I am not sure which one to dump.

6. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Well they keep having to go in that freezer. :)

7. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I was a little upset that they kept talking about nipping out even though they clearly weren't.

They need to take "acting" lessons from Kaley Cuoco. :D

8. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    They built up to that joke for so long you could see it coming a mile away.

+1,000,000

9. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    Or if they want to go to the true master (mistress?) - Jennifer Aniston.

10. RandomTask

RandomTask New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    That pretty much sums up my feelings. Love the girls, don't like the rest of the cast much.

But, still rapidly becoming a favorite. It's the first thing I watch Monday nights.

11. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I guess they have gotten rid of the nanny storyline. I'm glad.

12. Fish Man

Fish Man Phish Food

Mar 4, 2002
    0.7 miles...
    NOT Garret Morris! I love every character I've seen him play and this one is no exception.

You may discuss the departure of either of the other two. ;)

13. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    What I really hope they dispense with is the guitar riff they play between scenes. It's *this* close to giving me a headache. :(

14. wouldworker

wouldworker _

Sep 7, 2004
    MA, USA
    Kat Dennings delivers every joke that way. She's a terrible actress and only has a career for two reasons.

15. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    I would agree. She smirks or grins after every one-liner she delivers. It is becoming painfully more noticeable as the series moves on.

16. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Too bad she wasn't the one that delivered that line. It was the blonde that was smiling. That's ok, don't let the facts get in the way of your hatred.

17. wouldworker

wouldworker _

Sep 7, 2004
    MA, USA
    Hatred? I love her. For two reasons.

18. ducker

ducker New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    MA
    been watching this show to see if it will stick or not from the start of the season. I think this was the best episode thus far. Primarily because the dialogue seemed to just have better phrasing/flow. The jokes were there, yes, but didn't seem as injected into the scenes.

I too think the blond needs work - regarding the wad joke.. either make it seem as if you KNOW what you're saying and joke with Kat - or be a stupid blond and not realize what you're saying. She does it.. somewhere in between, which just makes it feel - awkward.

It is a comedy, so characters don't necessarily have to follow strict lines, but that was their party and at the end they just up and left; leaving Han, the creepy cook, and the DJ guy to finish hosting/cleaning up? Just seemed absurd. Yes, I know it's a comedy and what not - so whatever - but still.. just seem sloppy writing.

guys come out of the bathroom (wicked obvious - and also.. when does a group of 4 guys all go the bathroom together... this doesn't happen. EVER. Max 2 would go, the other 2 would go get beers)
    girls gasp, duck, and run out of the store - end episode.

*eyeroll*

19. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo TCF Club

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    If a character tells a joke, why wouldn't they smile? It's obvious the character knows it's a joke, so what's the big deal?

20. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    Mainly because you can tell she is trying to do it straight faced. Either smile or don't. Either is fine. But don't try to not smile and yet make it obvious that you are trying to hold back smiling.

I am not picky it all when it comes to shows. Especially comedies. Very little bothers me at all, but for some reason the way Kat tries not to smile is starting to bug me. It just seems to take me out of the moment.