2 Broke Girls OAD 10/10/11 "And The Rich People's Problems"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tiams, Oct 11, 2011.

1. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004

Advertisements

I was hoping the rich girl would have to wear the same 2 pair of shorts all season (the one she escaped in and the one she bought at The Will) but I guess now she will be wearing the clothes she retrieved from the townhouse since they were inventoried and can't be returned. Plus they now have furs. I wish they lived like real broke people instead of blowing over $200 on sushi. But hey, it's not Roseanne.

I like the show still. It is funny enough.

2. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I'm enjoying the show, and I still love the horse!

3. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    I've been giving this show a chance, just because I often find a line or two or a scene worth watching. But this episode just had me rolling my eyes in utter disbelief...yeah, I know the whole show can have you rolling your eyes, but seriously...

I can overlook them having cell phones, ordering coffees, and even having a damn horse (how are all those things paid for if they're broke?)...but breaking into the townhouse (which I can even believe for TV's sake) for a $300 bite guard and then taking a bath and just hanging out and NOT EVEN THINKING ABOUT GRABBING ALL THE EXPENSIVE STUFF UNTIL THEY'D ALREADY BEEN THERE AN HOUR? Give me a break.

If it was apparently so easy to break in, you'd think the rich girl would have thought of that immediately, instead of 3-4 episodes in, and that between the two they'd be smart enough to grab stuff to sell and leave. Lather, rinse, repeat...until everything was cleaned out.

Are writers really this stupid? Or think we're this stupid? Apparently.

4. wouldworker

wouldworker _

Sep 7, 2004
    MA, USA
    You're supposed to be too mesmerized by Kat Dennings' breasts to care about things such as plot or continuity.

5. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD

Advertisements

The horse may be over the top (but then again, how many heiresses wind up working in a greasy spoon?) but most honest people do NOT think about stealing stuff to sell it. I didn't think of it while watching the show.

As for cell phones...really? You think poor people don't have cell phones? Really? How poor do you think they are? They both have full time jobs. If they were so poor they couldn't afford cell phones, they would have ZERO dollars in savings, not a few hundred.

6. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    Speaking of those, I'm a bit surprised that they're being kept as covered up as they have been (squished, but covered up). I would have expected a lot more low cut attire - it isn't exactly an intellectual comedy.

7. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Yes, I think poor people in real life don't have cell phones.

But this is a TV show. And in TV time there have only been 3 days since the heiress fled so her cellphone probably hasn't been turned off yet. I don''t remember seeing Kat's character with a cell phone. Yes, they have full-time jobs, but it is waiting tables and they pay rent on a NY apt.

8. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    The more I watch, the more I like this show. Yeah, it's kind of lame but I have a different set of standards for sitcoms than I have for other types of shows. It makes me smile and I like all the different weird characters. The little guy in the restaurant is just too ridiculous for words, but he belongs there like all the rest of the odd characters. Garrett Morris is always good, but I kind of wonder why a coffee shop would have a DJ.

I think the $200 sushi thing fit - it was 'found' money so what the hey...sometimes ya gotta live (although I personally find the whole notion of sushi objectionable).

As for cell phones - I think that poor people DO have cell phones these days. Maybe not iPhones, but they have something. Hell, it seems like everybody in the country, over the age of 5, has a cell phone.

9. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Correct!

I still hate the horse.

10. swinca

swinca Menace to society

Jun 19, 2003
    Jaw-ja y'all
    Mesmerized? Wow. I didn't even notice them. And I usually pick right up on those kinds of things. ;)

11. Fish Man

Fish Man Phish Food

Mar 4, 2002
    0.7 miles...
  12. Fish Man

Fish Man Phish Food

Mar 4, 2002
    0.7 miles...
    <- Raises hand.

13. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    Not only do poor people have cell phones, but some have nicer cars and electronics than I do. Granted that says more about me than them perhaps, but...

14. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    DJ?

I thought he was the cashier, and merely wore his headphones around his neck a lot.

15. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    LMAO at self - I guess I need to pay better attention. :eek:

16. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I thought he was the owner who just happened to do things like karaoke, etc.

17. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Those puppies need a walk. They're stuffed into her clothes like a victim of Chinese footbinding.

18. Fish Man

Fish Man Phish Food

Mar 4, 2002
    0.7 miles...
    The owner is the Asian guy. (And he likes karaoke).

Garrett Morris plays the cashier (the elderly black guy). He apparently "escapes" via his ipod, ergo the headphones. He also sees eye-to-eye with Max (Kat Dennings' character) on most issues, including a hatred of karaoke.

19. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    100% this, but I'm one of those mesmerized breast lovers, so I just overlook it, too. :eek:

Plus, it's a show with a cute premise and decent writing. :up:

Oh, also love the girl-talk. :)

20. RandomTask

RandomTask New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    They need to bring in her older sister played by Christina Hendricks.... That would be epic.