1X fast forward hangs - not 2X or 3X

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by mgibbons, Jan 22, 2007.

1. mgibbons

mgibbons New Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Bellevue, WA

Advertisements

Hello,

Within the last two weeks, I have noticed an issue on both of my HD10-250 TiVo units.

When I am fast-forwarding through a program at the 1X speed, the fast-forwarding randomly stops. It does not resume playing, it just stops fast-forwarding and appears paused.

It is if I have suddenly pressed the pause button while I was fast-forwarding, although I haven't.

If I press play at that point, it will play, but that is not necessarily the point at which I wanted to begin. (It is typically about 10-15 seconds ahead of the resumption of a program during a commercial break.)

If I press the fast-forward button a second or third time to go to 2X or 3X FF, it begins fast-forwarding. That typically takes me too far along, however, and I need to back up.

I noticed this on both TiVos at about the same time, which makes me wonder if it is a known bug of a recent software update. It is very inconvenient. As I mentioned, I see it mostly frequently while fast-forwarding through commercials. It pauses about 10 seconds shy of the resumption of the program, which makes me wonder if this is a "feature" introduced to "permit" viewers to view ads they wouldn't see otherwise.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

These are unmodified units. I believe they have the 6.3b update although I need to verify that exact version. (They are definitely running faster and have folders available for multiple episodes of the same show.)

Thank you.

Michael Gibbons

2. John T Smith

John T Smith New Member

Jun 17, 2004
    Vancouver WA
    >believe they have the 6.3b update although I need to verify

That would certainly help, so if there IS something about a particular version, you will get better answers

Speaking of better answers... did you know there is a different forum just for the HR10-250?

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=36

3. DavidO

DavidO Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Irvine, CA
    I got the same problem, too. However, I can only duplicate the problem from one channel (OTA KABC, 7-1 in Los Angeles). Channel 87 works just fine, though.

I've got an HR10-250 with 6.3b - unmodded.

4. ericL

ericL Abbie Normal

Jan 6, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Interesting. I noticed the same problem one a bball game I recorded on Saturday, from the ABC affiliate here in Raleigh. It was truly annoying (especially for a sporting event). I don't know that I've recorded anything else from that channel, but all other recordings so far have been OK.

Here we go again...

HR10250 - 6.3b, phone unplugged since 1/1/07. Expanded drive, not hacked.

5. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...

Advertisements

I think this bug was introduced with the v6.3x updates. It was not fixed in v6.3b.

6. mgibbons

mgibbons New Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Bellevue, WA
    I still have the problem.