$199 XLs on deals.Woot.com

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by atmuscarella, Apr 7, 2011.

1. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    deals.Woot.com has refurbed Premiere XLs for $199 - they are listed as qualifying for $12.95/mo service fees.

Thanks,

2. generaltso

generaltso Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Vermont
    I bought one of these last time Woot had them and put lifetime on it. It's been working great so far.

3. KenVa

KenVa Member

Aug 31, 2005
    I thought this would be a pretty good deal, but it looks like it might not work any more. I did an online chat with tivo customer service and they said that the refurbished models were only eligible for the $12.95 service :(

That sort of makes it not worth it for me.

4. generaltso

Nov 3, 2003
    Vermont
    That only applies to the refurbished models sold directly from TiVo. The refurbs from Woot are eligible for lifetime service.

5. ciscokid

ciscokid Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Tampadelphia...
    So..............what's with the picture of the "3D style" glasses that Woot is showing along with the picture of the Tivo???

Trying to put lipstick on a pig? It's still a pig!

6. generaltso

Nov 3, 2003
    Vermont
    They're supposed to be for THX calibration of your TV. It's not a Woot thing, they come with the Premiere XL box regardless of where you get it. My box from Woot didn't actually come with them, but I didn't care. I did care that it came with the standard remote instead of the Glo Remote. But Woot took care of that by sending me a Glo Remote about a week later. In the end I ended up with an extra remote for free.

7. dpw

dpw dpw

Jul 21, 2009
    Birmingham,...
    What are the monthly fees on this item from Amazon??

thanks.

8. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    $20/mo

9. CPoint

CPoint New Member

Jan 28, 2011
    I have lifetime on a refurbished Premiere I purchased from Tivo for $99. When I went online to change my plan to annual during the first 30 days, lifetime for $399 was a choice and I took it. Maybe I just got lucky.