16TB or greater Bolt?

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Joe Inu, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Joe Inu

Joe Inu New Member

Dec 28, 2006

Advertisements

I'm finally moving on from my 2TB S3 using the S3 to Bolt Lifetime $99 move.

I've spent the weekend reading and it seems that Weaknees has 3TB internal + 8TB external. (11TB)

4TB 2.5" drive for Bolt

indicates that at least 4TB is possible on the primary/internal connector. (possibly 12TB)

this looks like wonderful work -
    MFS Reformatter (mfsr)

and this seems to show that an external primary drive works - Tivo Bolt with Esata cable added

Has anyone tried an primary/internal connected 8TB external drive? Added an additional eSATA external connected 8TB? (possibly 16TB)

or tried a RAID0 connected eSATA. (Who doesn't want to homebrew a Mega Tivo?)

Thanks!

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I personally don't think it's worth the effort. Not when I can transfer 90% of my recordings to a PC or Network storage.(Some channels on FiOS are restricted from transfers). So the 4TB drives in each of my Bolts are enough storage for me. When combined with the 6TB of storage in my TiVo/KMTTG pC and my over 130TB of network storage I have available.

3. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I guess it's the concept of a mega-jukebox DVR, without a need of transferring to and from. An ideal. :)