14.9.2.2 Wishlists very slow ?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by I_am_not_randy, Dec 20, 2011.

1. I_am_not_randy

I_am_not_randy Member

Oct 29, 2010
    I have several wishlists, and the one I use most often is one for talk shows. I usually use the channel down to quickly go from one to the next while I am actually looking at the show details. This allows me to see if thier are any guests of interest on each of the individual shows.

When using the channel down before the upgrade, the switch to the new show with all the new details was very quick, now it is very slow, and the please wait clock pops up between each show change.

this makes scanning thought appros 100 shows impactical.

Can anyone esle confirm that when looking at program details from a wishlist and then swtiching to the next show via channel down is also slow for them.

Thanks

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Confirmed. This is a very annoying change with the latest software. Previously I would get almost instant update when paging up/down between "view upcoming" wishlist entries. Now I get the Please Wait dialog every time and takes much longer to update between remote presses.

3. RojCowles

RojCowles New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Marblehead, MA
    Yeah, I see the same thing,

I thought it was just me as the Channel Up/Down buttons work quickly to scan through a list of recorded shows in a "My Shows" folder but the Wishlist change is really annoying as :-

a) Its way slower to move through the Wishlist show's details page with the second or so pause between pressing Chan Down and seeing the next show

b) Having the "Please Wait" pop up in the middle of the screen drags my eye away from the top of the screen where the show information I'm interested in is, say the teams playing in the upcoming football game, so I'm constantly changing where on the screen I'm looking after each Chan Down press which is surprisingly tiring when slowly going through a long list, OK so I'm old and I'm usually doing this late at night ... still.

Really hope that this is a bug/regression that might get fixed soon as it knocks some of the fun?/delight?/polish? from the Tivo User Experience that I still get in most other areas of the UI and as the OP states makes scanning a long list of Wishlist shows impractical now.

Does this affect HDUI too? I'm still using the SDUI so I'm not sure if Wishlists are one of those areas that are in standard def regardless.

4. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Have you'll reported this problem/change to TiVo?

5. RojCowles

RojCowles New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Marblehead, MA
    Not yet, partly as I'd half convinced myself that this was how Chan Up/Down had worked in Wishlists previously. I'll probably touch base with Tivo TS in the next day or so.

6. RojCowles

RojCowles New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Marblehead, MA
    I did have a chant with TS and they're looking at it, though there don't appear to be many filed reports of this issue yet. The nice CSR person did suggest unplugging the network cable, doing a power cycle and then plugging the network cable in during the boot up as this might fix it, and if not would rule out a network issue, but haven't had chance to try it yet.

7. RojCowles

RojCowles New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Marblehead, MA
    Gahhh, ^chant^chat^ ... thogh maybe the first version does bring up an interesting mental image :)