14.9.2-01-2-748 forgets position

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by greensky, Nov 20, 2011.

1. greensky

greensky Member

Mar 3, 2010
    I just got 14.9.2-01-2-748. I noticed today that when I resume a program it forgets where I left off and starts playing from the beginning of the program. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any idea what I can do to fix it?

2. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    Others have reported this, I will check my single TPXL that got the update a few days ago. One can get around this by not pressing play on the program itself just press select than the resume playing option. TiVo may want it that way for some unknown reason.

3. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Play the show from the episode info screen. If you play from My Shows it starts from the beginning.

4. greensky

greensky Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Ahh, thanks for the tip. I hope they fix this one.

5. tomm1079

tomm1079 Member

May 10, 2005
    i didnt even know the old way it worked. Good to know if it ever gets changed

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Mine still works fine. Are people having this issue running the SDUi or HDUI? I only run the HDUI and it resumes without issue for me.
    I had tried it on my XL box with a couple of shows and it resumed where I last left off.

I just tried a third show, and again it resumed where I left off when watching it before.

7. bqbauer

bqbauer New Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Well this is a frustrating change. I've been using Tivo for years, and it's so quick to find what you want and push play. Now I have to select the recording, then select Resume Playback? I think we need a global preference option to make the default behavior Resume instead of Play from beginning. It's nice to have the new option to play from the beginning, but please don't hack off a shortcut to provide it!

I'm using the standard menus on my Premier, because I find the HD menu still too slow and choppy. I also don't like the ads & crud across the top.

Tivo, please allow us to choose our preference for pushing "play" on the recordings listing! I'm sooo not used to the extra step.

8. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    Is your test with TP on 14.9.2 ?

Les

9. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    yes.

10. chewy2314

chewy2314 Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Northern...
    Just want to chime in that i have this issue. using SDUI as we use Kidzone.

11. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Tested with mine last night and no issue with resume on my Elite.