14.8 to resolve Premiere and Tuning Adapter issues (?)

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Okeemike, May 19, 2011.

1. Okeemike

Okeemike Tastes like lemons

Apr 24, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    I just got off the phone with a TiVo support agent, who advised me that the 14.8 patch would specifically resolve "Tuning Related" issues (among other things). She understood that to mean that the patch should/could/may resolve my Tuning Adapter issue (stuck at acquiring channels screen).

Unfortunately, she did not appear particularly confident, but I'm willing to wait until 14.8 hits my box to know for sure.

Has anyone else heard anything like this, or (even better) experienced 14.8 resolving a TA problem?

2. Stuxnet

Stuxnet Alien Infidel

Feb 8, 2011
    Great... now I can look forward to my TA going wonkers...

3. Okeemike

Okeemike Tastes like lemons

Apr 24, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    At least yours works. Mine just tries to hypnotize me with the yin-yang sign.

4. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    I was told the same thing today when I called (because Cox changed all their channels and TiVo did NOT) and also asked about the "stops acting/responding to remote" bug. She said 14.8 was supposed to address tuning, lockup, and other such issues.

But I have heard stuff like that before... so I guess we wait and see

5. alyssa

alyssa Active Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Sunny SoCal
    One update is gonna fix all the problems....

:rolleyes:

6. rb9192

rb9192 New Member

Feb 7, 2007
    I hope so! I've given up on SDVs and use a TWC box when necessary.

7. saeba

saeba Active Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Atlanta...
    I see you're in the Orlando area... Are you not with BrightHouse then? I ask because I have a TiVo PremiereXL with BrightHouse and cable card and TA and I have almost zero problems. Got the TiVo PremiereXL when it first came out.

On the other hand, the TivoHD/cable card/TA combo I have seems to be much more problematic.

But maybe I'm just incredibly fortunate. I love my PremiereXL and don't seem to have as many issues as most are reporting. Occasional glitches, but nothing like what seems generally reported on this forum.