13 Reasons Why S3E13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by hummingbird_206, Aug 25, 2019.

1. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Back to comment after I've finished watching the episode.

2. wtherrell

wtherrell Active Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Huntersville...
    Episodes of what?

3. kaszeta

kaszeta Ceci n'est pas une conserve TCF Club

Jun 11, 2004
    Grantham, NH
    Overall, I liked this. Ani’s character a bit contrived, and the convenience of Monty’s jailhouse death a little far-fetched, but as far as stretching Liberty High’s excessive drama for another season? Reasonably successful.

And they’re obviously leaving room for S4

hummingbird_206 likes this.
  4. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    It took a while, but Ani did grow on me both as a character and as the narrator.

They wrapped things up a bit too quickly for me. Monty goes to jail (perfectly reasonable) and then the next thing we know he's dead. I don't think they said how he died, did they? And when Ani walked out of the coffee shop and spoke to Winston, it seemed like she knew him. Did we ever see her interact with Winston before that scene?

Definitely expect there to be a Season 4 that goes more in depth about Monty's and Bryce's deaths.

5. kaszeta

Jun 11, 2004
    Grantham, NH
    Ani met Winston back when they introduced him. She and Clay confronted him.

hummingbird_206 likes this.
  6. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten about Ani and Clay talking to Winston.

7. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    Binged over the last few days (being stuck in a hotel helps). Overall I thought it was an OK season, probably better than S2, but still not as good as S1. I liked that most of the characters were able to come to terms with their past struggles and take control of their lives. The acting, as usual, was really good. I really like how they protrayed Ms. Walker. She knew exactly what Bryce was, but in the end, she is his mom and loved him almost unconditionally.

However, I wasn't impressed by the "redemption of Bryce Walker" story line. And, then in the end, he reverts to an a$$ again to Zach, because he thinks Chloe and Zach, might be an item? He just apologized to Chloe (via tape) and then gets mad again? I almost felt that the writers realized they needed to revisit Zach injury afterwards (or give the viewers a reason to believe that Zach killed Bryce.)

As far as Ani, not a big fan. As mentioned before, she came in from nowhere and suddenly knows all the secrets of the school? Just felt forced.

Obvious a couple of story lines for S4, but, based on Winston's interaction with Ani, I am afraid we are going to get a repeat of S2, i.e. revist the previous season from a new prospective.

8. kaszeta

Jun 11, 2004
    Grantham, NH
    Yeah, that whole storyline seemed to waffle a bit; at times they were sympathetic to him and his attempts at redemption, and then he'd suddenly revert.

The other one that bugged me, and we may see some resolution of this in S4, but the cops seemed entirely too focused on the murder; letting Zach off for a severe, felony-level assault and battery? Looking the other way on oh-so-much drug use, and illegal firearms?

9. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    Implied that he was killed by fellow inmates for being gay.

How his fellow inmates would have known he was gay I could not tell you.

With Winston as narrator leading the charge for truth.

"She pays attention"

Not a fan of this season. I thought the book was lessor than the first season so I had high hopes for subsequent seasons since the showrunners were the cause of the first season being so good. Alas.