12 Monkeys - "Memory of Tomorrow" (OAD 7/18/16)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by morac, Jul 18, 2016.

1. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ

Advertisements

Good finale, didn't expect Titan to jump like that. Though I did call the ending.

http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=10932866#post10932866

I didn't expect the baby to be an out of time baby though.

Also nice that they got Madeleine Stowe from the movie to play a character.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    This is one of my very favorite shows.

Ironically, I hope it doesn't last TOO long. This is one of those shows that can end up burying itself under its own weight if it doesn't have an ending in sight. I hope they know right now how long they have, and can spend their time moving towards something instead of just moving.

3. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    One of the best shows going right now. Good setup for season 3.

4. teknikel

teknikel Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Baltimore
    I agree about the quality of the show. And I try not to pick nits, but, when time was stopping and starting around Cole in '59, he would move while everyone was still. Time would start again and he would be in a different place. They didn't show it but wouldn't he have seemed to have disappeared from the perspective of the shop owner and transported out of the the truck? Wouldn't that caused some kind of commotion?

They seemed to not address that. I mean, I guess it doesn't really matter to the story but I was anticipating that and I am normally not that detail oriented.

5. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

The truck one wouldn't have, since they were stuck in a traffic jam. The shop owner probably freaked out, but since that timeline soon ceased to exist, I guess it doesn't really matter...

6. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    solid ending... Love the show but agree that unless they (writers/showrunners) have a clear plan of where they want it to go that the story doesn't collapse on itself if they let it go too long.

7. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Nowhere Special
    I wonder if they have to pay royalties for Jennifer's movie quotes.

--Carlos V.

8. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    Given how "Cassie" keeps herself busy with other things (she's on Murder in the First now, had a cameo on Suits last season) I wonder if they've been told this is a limited run (e.g. 3-4 seasons then done).

9. teknikel

teknikel Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Baltimore
    Amanda Schull was on Suits before Monkeys (Monkey Suits, tehe). And 12 Monkeys is only 12-13 episodes so lots of time for other projects.

10. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    And she's only a recurring guest on Murder in the First...

11. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I admit I have a horrible horrible memory at times, but I can't even remember who she IS on murder in the first.. (I looked up the character name, but it's not ringing any bells.)

12. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    She's the AG with whom the slimeball DA had sex at the party, and who then gleefully prosecuted him.

13. wprager

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    I think she was completely missing in the last episode (Murder in the First).

Anyhow, I finally watched the finale a couple nights ago. So how is the Pallid Man still there/alive in 2163? I guess he splintered there from the present. But why the future? If The Witness is hell-bent on destroying time then why does he have to be brought forward to be born in the "future"? And who are all his followers? They seemed to love running right into machine-gun fire. What's with the stupid masks? Why do they call him The Witness? Why are they devoted to him if he is planning on destroying everything? How is Cassie still pregnant if she cannot even remember 1957 (she remembers bits and pieces). How was Cole able to time travel by just drinking red-forest leaves? Or was it just his consciousness jumping back? How did The Witness build his time machine (Titan)? When did he make it? Why did he make it (have to make it?) so big? Is it just for the scale to allow him to bring all his followers forward (or did they have some left-over FX budget)?

14. alpacaboy

alpacaboy Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2004
  15. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    good gawd was that annoying, I scrolled a bit, was VERY bored and decided "screw this" "excellent" is not a word I'd use to describe that link/summary.

16. wprager

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    Eh, it wasn't bad. It wasn't what I expected. I usually go looking for recaps when I fall asleep and miss half the stuff, or if I'm really struggling understanding what's going on (happens a lot on the first episode of a lot of these cable shows that have a short run and then a long hiatus). So this was completely different. If you went there in an attempt to get a better understanding of what happened, forget about it.

17. ellinj

ellinj Seems Very Friendly TCF Club

Feb 26, 2002
    NoVa
    Just got caught up, can't wait for the third season.